X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Tipp-Ex!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      All the news channels falling over whether Gary Barlow should give back his OBE or not because he'd been using the same tax dodge that jimmy car was using, the fact that even David Cameron is weighing in with the opinion that he should keep his obe because hes done so much work for "Charity/self publicity".

It's nice that the PM can take time out of his busy schedule, to help people who donate large sums of money to his party, while at the same time condemning comedians that satarise him for doing the same tax dodge lol.
      I've not kept up with it, but my understanding from some others' commentary on it was that it was a different method of avoidance to Jimmy Carr? An illegal one, at that.

Comment

I'm not that up on it that much either was just annoying to see BBC news giving it so much airtime then getting in the car to hear the same soundbyte on the radio.

Comment

why its taking so long to get fiber broadband where i live yet in 100mtrs in every direction they can get the fiber

Comment

If you pm me your local telephone exchange name and your street I can tell you if there are job packs with the work in the pipeline

DSLAMS (digital subscriber line asynchronous (access) modules can only provide a finite amount of lines these are the green cabinets by the side of the road so more have to be installed and fibre blown to them so more or infills might be getting put in your area

Plus you have to register an interest with your CP (comms provider) to get it as well

Unless you are with a company that puts their own fibre in the ground like virgin then I can't help
            Last edited by buster_broon; 15-05-2014, 10:15.

Comment

think thats only in uk ....living in ireland

Comment

I am on an exchange-only line Buster, so I'm not connected to a cabinet. My road is not cabled by a private firm like Virgin either. Is there any hope of me ever being able to get fibre broadband?

Comment

Find out your local exchange or send me your address and I will have a look at the repository

Every green cabinet is connect to the exchange via nodes in the ground

FTTP or fibre to the premise is still really expensive so most people still have the final part of the journey via copper (drop wire to the house or into the house via the ground and connected to your telephone line)
                  Last edited by buster_broon; 15-05-2014, 11:20.

Comment

Thanks Buster! My exchange is Walworth and my post code starts with SE15.

Comment

Finding out I just lost 3200 Club Nintendo Stars

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        Thanks Buster! My exchange is Walworth and my post code starts with SE15.
                        Might take a while us will have a look

I know at the latest roadshow we passed 67% of the country or 19.6 million people connected in view of getting 95% by 2017 and eventually 99% by 2018

There are now technologies that we are going to use like holistics or HND fibre to the pole with micro DSLAMS on each pole

Might take a video of fibre splicing showing you a cool lightening strike

Comment

Well it's good to hear there's a plan in place for people who are seemingly cut off from fibre it's galling too, because all the cabinets near my flat have those big stickers on announcing fibre broadband available!

I have replied to your PM with my address too. Many thanks!

Comment

Jesus Christ. The worst feeling ever: Being stuck on a tube/subway/MRT train with no toilets whilst a really big spicy dump is brewing in your bowels. I swear, I'm in so much pain it's almost giving me an out-of-body experience. The only way I can hold on is by writing this post.

Comment

The question is do I use the scummy Trainspotting-esque platform toilet, or do I rush 10 mins to the office where I've got everything including heated seat and automatic rectum sprayer?

Comment

HOLD IT IN MAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X