This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Following on from the above saw a good interview with James Dyson talking about the lack of engineers we have and how everyone wants to be a 'creative' whereas in fact engineering is very creative anyway. I had a friend who was a graphic designer and seemed to think he was somehow better than non creatives. Wish I could get my daughter interested in engineering :-(
    I thought everyone had moved to software engineering instead.

Comment

Any engineering is cool.

Comment

For sure, and why hasn't someone invented a see-through toaster so you can see if the toast is cooked to your desired level without having to pop it up?

Comment

That is a really great idea. Off to Dragon's Den with you!

Comment

Modern video games and their lack of substance in preference of style. And I use the word style very loosely as it's mainly vacuous pish.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
              I'd really like a magnetic charger, I'm always scared if breaking the flap to expose the micro USB slot but I feel ?35 is a bit steep and I'm scared of damaging my battery with the knock offs...
              Get an induction charger? I have one for my Nexus 4 (and 2013 edition 7) and it works a treat.

Comment

The 'social media' generation. They genuinely think the world revolves around them. I don't mean it as a slight. I think the level of attention seeking from that gen is seriously ****ing worrying imo.

Comment

Arthropods. Especially crustaceans. I realise it's a sweeping generalisation and I'm sure there are nice ones somewhere but most are icky and creepy.

Comment

Amazon appstore reviews like the following:

it is good but sniper rifles r bad really when u snipe it will not let u go back
                    Which stinks and fun i like ak47 AWSOME!!! THEN I SAYS 3 STARS
                    PEOPLE GET IT TODAY THIS MINUTE NOW!!!!
                    Reading that reminds me why I'm willing to pay $20-90 for a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      The 'social media' generation. They genuinely think the world revolves around them. I don't mean it as a slight. I think the level of attention seeking from that gen is seriously ****ing worrying imo.
                      Says you, on a social media platform in a thread about things that annoy you (know what you mean though)

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Especially crustaceans.
                        You don't need to admire them, you need to eat them. Mhmmm, I crave for crab now.

Comment

All the news channels falling over whether Gary Barlow should give back his OBE or not because he'd been using the same tax dodge that jimmy car was using, the fact that even David Cameron is weighing in with the opinion that he should keep his obe because hes done so much work for "Charity/self publicity".

It's nice that the PM can take time out of his busy schedule, to help people who donate large sums of money to his party, while at the same time condemning comedians that satarise him for doing the same tax dodge lol.

Comment

Gah. That awfully generic Calvin Harris tune "Summer". It's like he just hit random mash on a couple of his other tunes. Terrifyingly lazy for someone that I actually think makes lots of good music.

Comment

Yeah, I quite like some of his stuff but it baffles me how that got to number one not that half the other things at number one are any good...

Comment

Horrendous mod, ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X