This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr
    It's even worse on youtube. Lowest of the low.

And my irk: install chrome on ipad, but there's no way to make it the default browser. Grrrrapplegrrrr
    Next irk: chrome on the ipad is better (more features) than on my Nexus... wtf.
    You need to jailbreak and install Browser Changer charles

Comment

I'm curious about the extra features on iOS... Your Nexus has the Incognito mode charles, if it's pron that's your prob

Comment

There are more options on the settings menu in iOS, although admittedly, they are for stupid people.

Comment

Royal Mail. I haven't used the Post Office since they adjusted their prices. I've just sent out seven items I sold on eBay, and it cost me more than I sold them for.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
            There is always someone who feels the need to repeatedly tell the rest of us how awful something is or how stupid we are for being interested in it when they definitely are not buying one.
            It works both ways - if I really don't like something, I expect there will be others will disagree but if people don't want to read my negative views on something I don't like, why should I be subjected to their positive views on it?

Of course, trolling or deliberately trying to start arguments is just petty but it's not always obvious what someone's intentions are.

The usual arguments seem to be along the lines of "if you don't like it, why post in a thread about it?" but isn't that the point of the thread?

Of course, people can and should use tact but I may want to just tell people I think Gran Turismo 5 is utter b****cks without having to word it diplomatically.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
              Royal Mail. I haven't used the Post Office since they adjusted their prices. I've just sent out seven items I sold on eBay, and it cost me more than I sold them for.
              It's a joke now. I sent out two of those Namco tv game systms and a 360 pad in h same package. ?8 SECOND CLASS!!! Even a boxed GBA game costs almost ?3 second class these days.

Comment

Cost me ?5.80 or something to post my XL charging cradle to J0e. Wouldn't have cost much more to have simply bought the Pilotwings I received in exchange. Oh well though.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                  It works both ways - if I really don't like something, I expect there will be others will disagree but if people don't want to read my negative views on something I don't like, why should I be subjected to their positive views on it?

Of course, trolling or deliberately trying to start arguments is just petty but it's not always obvious what someone's intentions are.

The usual arguments seem to be along the lines of "if you don't like it, why post in a thread about it?" but isn't that the point of the thread?

Of course, people can and should use tact but I may want to just tell people I think Gran Turismo 5 is utter b****cks without having to word it diplomatically.
                  I think you missed the word 'repeatedly'....there are people who post quite a lot about things they apparently hate. Maybe one post saying COD IS ****E would suffice not constantly clogging up the thread with moans.

But I still don't get it anyway. I think Animal Crossing games are boring,for example, so I dont read the thread or feel the need to insult fans of it. I think Pro Evo is massively inferior to Fifa...but I don't feel the need to constantly tell people in the Pro Evo thread that fact.

The internet is a place filled with info on every subject in the world yet people seem obsessed with pouring **** all over the bits of it they don't like rather than talk about the bits they do.
                  Last edited by BaronSqwelch; 18-09-2013, 07:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    It's a joke now. I sent out two of those Namco tv game systms and a 360 pad in h same package. ?8 SECOND CLASS!!! Even a boxed GBA game costs almost ?3 second class these days.
                    You can blame the increase on the new idiot management of Royal Mail and the Government. To try and make the royal mail look super profitable just before they sell it off they upped the cost of everything.

Sure enough the amount of parcels being posted via Royal Mail has noise dived since the increase.

A Parcel return cost me ?6.75, yesterday for 1st class.

Expect the postal service to fall apart once it goes private now, even the USA don't have a private postal service and that is saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                      I think you missed the word 'repeatedly'....there are people who post quite a lot about things they apparently hate.
                      You're right, I did.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Both people highly praising it and ****ting on it without reasons on my Twitter feed is annoying me.

Talking about GTAV btw.

Probably.

I'm a bit guilty of this. On the other hand, it's getting saturation exposure everywhere and it's rammed down my throat by customers every few years, who usually ask me how far I am and if I'm enjoying it without realising that it's possible to not be interested enough to run out and buy it at launch.

Comment

Irk: just how daftly sharp broken glass is.

Lucy was trying to push a cafetiere out of it's plastic handle thing by pushing with both her thumbs at the base of the glass underneath. The glass decided to break in an almost perfect circle and lacerated her thumbs to the bone. Just got her home from an general anaesthetic "exploration" (to find the tiny bits of glass shown in the xray) and sew her back up. Ouch.

Comment

Irk2: The news on the radio being irrelevant.

1st item: Lib Dem conference finishes. Er... great. Surely some reporting of the content while it was on would be good.
                            2nd item: Some woman starved her kid to death. Irrelevant to everyone apart from a tiny number of people.
                            3rd item: Bus crash in Ontario - seriously? How is that relevant to us? Is it the law that every news section has to contain some really bad news about deaths and if there isn't any locally, then countries the other side of the world are fair game?

Give me some good news!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Give me some good news!!!!!
                              Ryse is out soon!

Comment

good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X