No announcement yet.

Trainers and stories involving trainers - remember to do pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd get the lowest profile cheapest trainers you can find, preferably without any arch. Getting a massive cushioned thing will teach you bad habits. You can get one of those later on if you want.

Virrata (or in red and black) - These are no good in mud, but fine off road if it's dry. Or Saucony Kinvara.

Or Puma FAAS.
    Or Inov8 F-lite
    Or Nike FREE.

None of these will be any use to you if you intend to go out and clomp about, but if you want to learn to run lightly and smoothly, then great.

If you are going to thump down with every step then get a Hoka.
    Last edited by charlesr; 04-01-2015, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      I'd get the lowest profile cheapest trainers you can find, preferably without any arch. Getting a massive cushioned thing will teach you bad habits. You can get one of those later on if you want.

Virrata (or in red and black) - These are no good in mud, but fine off road if it's dry. Or Saucony Kinvara.

Or Puma FAAS.
      Or Inov8 F-lite
      Or Nike FREE.

None of these will be any use to you if you intend to go out and clomp about, but if you want to learn to run lightly and smoothly, then great.

If you are going to thump down with every step then get a Hoka.
      Lovely thanks Charles

Comment

Note: if you go to a running shop they will probably be horrified at my suggestions.

Comment

Don't know if already posted, but I saw the Nike "Shoezeum" on TV at the weekend, fantastic collection fo something like 2500 pairs and worth towards a million dollars. Maybe.

Google only seems to give up oldish articles.

US shoe fanatic Jordy Geller hopes to raise $1 million by selling his 2,500 Nike trainers on eBay. | ITV National News

Comment

Just splurged on a pair of Takumi Sen 3 Boost. It's like the Japanese Import of trainers.

Comment

Not really trainers but got these for my birthday recently

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Just splurged on a pair of Takumi Sen 3 Boost. It's like the Japanese Import of trainers.

http://fave.co/1Axr51Z

Very nice indeed but I would say these are more Japanese import boosts, not paying the ?312 they cost though

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
                    Very nice indeed but I would say these are more Japanese import boosts, not paying the ?312 they cost though

These are ?200 from Sole Trader.
                    Last edited by 'Press Start'; 06-02-2015, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                      These are ?200 from Sole Trader.
                      Still about ?200 more than I would pay for Adidas of any sort (I can't wear them the toebox kills me)

Comment

NIKE's recent Genicco model is something very special indeed. You can find them for under ?30 if you know what you're doing. They put ASICS, New Balance and Saucony's retro selections to shame.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

These are coming to Japan soon

Link

Comment

A recent purchase.

Probably the best colourway you can get on a Huarache, I think.

Comment

Just about destroyed my -third- pair of Nike Speed Rival+ - pretty clear my running gait isn't all it could be but each pair is lasting around 1000km before giving up the ghost. I'm just over 3000km since starting back in November and, almost like clockwork, they're falling to pieces.

I need better running shoe ideas :/

Comment

just snaffled these from Amazon for a bargain ?22.67 as I'm a strange size shoe (9.5)

Comment

Working...
                                X