Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Internet connection speed a.k.a. How big is my pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wod View Post
    yeah, i'm not happy with the sky bit but can leave if i want not tied to a contract plus they are giving me ?15 discount every month for 12mths because i was with Be.
    Out of interest what deal did you get offered to gain the above? I dislike sky but then.......everyone has their price I guess.

Comment

It was an offer letter they sent because i was with Be who they had bought out, works out about 30.50 a month with sky talk.

the fibre pro should be 30 a month on its own plus line rental that you have to pay, i liked that Be offered a line only rental for about a tenner but with sky you have to have sky talk which i wont use that much with already having a mobile phone anyway.

Comment

Ahh. Thank you

Comment

Comment

Got onto Virgin Fibre last week. Decent enough speeds and pings for gaming I suppose.

Comment

Just upgraded to the Big kahuna package at virgin and got the 152 MB broadband... shiny

Last edited by RobRoy; 23-05-2014, 10:58.

Comment

Very nice, and to think I was pleased with a free speed upgrade to 50mb (from 30mb) in a couple of months time.

Comment

Do you have HDDs that go that fast?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
                    Just upgraded to the Big kahuna package at virgin and got the 152 MB broadband... shiny

If my d/load and u/load results had the decimal point one space to the left I'd still be utterly delighted compared to what I have now. You total git.

Comment

Calgary, AB to Bristol (lol)

Locally

I pay $84/month for 50mbps...it's $94.50 for 100 or $126 for 250. I think I'll stick with this plan.
                      Last edited by kryss; 23-05-2014, 19:20.

Comment

I never understood why British download speeds are so good but upload speeds are so poor. It makes sense download would have priority since that's what most people do, but not to that extent!

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                          I never understood why British download speeds are so good but upload speeds are so poor. It makes sense download would have priority since that's what most people do, but not to that extent!
                          Maybe it's because GCHQ have to vet everything first? Yakumo upload speed is insane compared to everyone else's speed, but UK upload speeds as a whole are very poor.
                          Last edited by S3M; 24-05-2014, 10:13.

Comment

just phoned virginmedia as I noticed i'm paying ?67.49 pm for my current package which included the 120mb broadband, 5 mins later i'm now paying ?56 pm and my speed is now upto 156mb...

Comment

I got a free upgrade, its only a couple of meg but I'll have it for Nowt

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                                Maybe it's because GCHQ have to vet everything first? Yakumo upload speed is insane compared to everyone else's speed, but UK upload speeds as a whole are very poor.
                                Doubt it. I'm in the US and get 1:1 speeds (50 down and 50 up).

In the UK on Virgin Media I got a pathetic 3mbps up but something like 65mb down.
                                Once when we had a last minute error on a Blu-ray Disc that had to be replicated in time for Christmas, I actually had to fly down to Sony in London to personally courier the corrected version.

Comment

Working...
                                X