No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already taken care of. I have a man-cave, in which she she fears to tread.

And I hold her about bricklink once and how I use it to get expensive sets... cheaply... yeah

Comment

Son finished his Kwik-E-Mart today

Comment

It's like a proper play set. Looks great.

Comment

What's behind the blue door?

And yeah, it looks brilliant. Not a fan of stickers but it looks so much fun as a play set, I'd have adored that as a Simpsons loving kid. It's a shame there's not many more places in Springfield that'd make a good set because the two released have been of a great quality. The school I guess, and then maybe the Nuclear Plant at a stretch but there's not really anywhere to go beyond that.

Comment

There's Moe's. A lot of fun to be had at Moe's.

Comment

It is very much a playset. He's had all the fun of building it and now him and his brother both play with it, and it's robust enough to take it too.

The blue door leads to a store cupboard with a rat and a piece of cheese on the floor

The stickers are a bit of a necessary evil with the set. I love the 'yesterday's food at tomorrow's prices' sign

Moe's Tavern would be a good addition, as would Krusty Burger.

Comment

Tavern could never happen with Legos policies.

They really need to revise that at some point. It's clear that a huge part of their recent success is with adult collectors (ghostbusters sets are not marketed at anyone else) so they should really take advantage of that.

Comment

Moe's Coffee Shop

Comment

Built my Ecto 1 a few nights back.. want to build this next :

Comment

Built another modular, went with the Palace Cinema. Had heard it wasn't a very interesting build internally, but I love it externally so I wanted it built and part of my display!

And here are soooo many pictures of the build.

[HIDE]Loads and loads of bags:

Stickers! FFFFUUUUUU

PART ONE:

This comprises the ground floor/foyer and the street. These are all the pieces for it

Wait, what the hell?! IT'S GREEN?!

And that's why I love LEGO, it's just the attention to detail. So good.

Some folks

This is the foundation for the cine- wait, what?

This car's a bit crap but the bonnet was actually quite nice to build.

WALK OF FAME.

I've build enough modulars to know what that little room at the back's gonna be.

Oh, maybe it's not a toilet after all - I'm stumped.

Of course, it's to keep the steps in place! My favourite bit of the first part of the build I reckon. So clever.

It's a duck.

Ketchup on your popcorn, sir?

Fair enough.

These are all the guns I used for the first part of the build. Guns.

Some posters in the windows

Ground floor finished.

Pretty empty inside.

It does look nice through this window though, which you can't quite see,

And some extra pieces for the first part.

PART TWO: which comprises the first floor. Obvs.

These are the pieces used.

This is the base.

Some seats!

A projector!

Some brick textured pieces, just because.

And now they're gone.

And that's pretty much it. Nothing really interesting to be honest, but the windows are really nice.

And a few leftover pieces.

PART THREE: which is the roof, and the sign.

Some pieces I used.

The base.

This is just a roof, no extras. The stairs lead to a door.

Lots of bricks, x2.

Lots of bricks into roof bits, x2.

And here they are, stuck on.

Some kind of oriental-style hat.

More weaponry.

The way this part of the roof comes together is really satisfying.

A bit more facade.

The lower portion of the sign.

This sign was really fun to build.

And here's all the stuff from part three.

And some pieces left over from part three.

[/HIDE]

Overall, it wasn't a brilliant build. Better than Grand Emporium but nowhere near as good as Detective's Office or Parisian Restaurant. Part Three had some cool little moments in, though, and it looks so nice from the outside that I don't really care about what's inside.

Comment

The end result is gorgeous. A lovely collection.

Comment

Windows? In the projection room? I think you need to mod in a few pairs of curtains at least!

Looks very nice though. Thanks for the detailed posts, that way I can satisfy myself without going down the modular rabbit hole...

Comment

Love the sign on the cinema! The collection looks great.

Comment

That rumoured Hoth set turns out to be real: http://lego.gizmodo.com/lego-star-wa...yse-1758925938

While it looks great for minifigs, I must admit to being disappointed overall in that so many of the pieces are separate. It doesn't look like a coherent piece. More a minifig collection with extras. Maybe even a big snowy plate with a clear indoor and outdoor would have brought the set together.

Edit: Also when did Hoth speeder bikes become a thing? I'm right that those weren't ever in the movie?
                              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 14-02-2016, 15:55.

Comment

Yeah they've been moaning about that set on GAF for a couple of days. On the one hand it looks amazing as a play-set for a young Star Wars fan, but who's buying ?220 play-sets?

It's like this weird middle-ground between two markets that isn't really a market in itself. Will be interesting to see how it sells.

Comment

Working...
                                X