This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day at my current job tomorrow.

I've worked my ass off since returning from paternity leave - trying to tidy up and sort out a load of stuff - but after what happened today (see irk thread) I might just go in tomorrow, hand over my keys and drink tea all day.

Comment

Comment

House is all going through at the moment, so am planning in some work I will need to do to it and the furniture I need to buy.

Just grabbed this off ebay for a little restoration project to keep my consoles in.

Gonna try and get it hooked up so I can use the speakers with my TV also, so I can ditch the soundbar I have.

Comment

I've wanted one of those. One came in when I was volunteering for Sue Ryder but the manager didn't let me buy it.

Comment

Ten a penny on eBay. Search for radiogram

?35 for this bad boy

Comment

I can't justify it. It just wouldn't get much use and it'd take up a lot of space.

Recently I've actually had my eye on the Crosley Revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                You need my flip-and-catch technique. The smell of cockroach blood is said to bring more, so my method avoids that.
                Is that what it sounds like? Do you catch them in some sort of container? And once you catch them, what do you do with them?

We never saw cockroaches in our flat last year(although I did see a few in the garbage area), nor any other weird bugs. We're up on the fifth floor so I guess they cba taking the stairs!

Comment

A bucket with some water and washing up liquid in it, and dustpan. Use the dustpan to flip the cockroach into the air and catch it in the bucket (this may take some practice depending on your reflexes) where it can't breath, then flush it down the toilet. The cockroach is gone and there's nothing left to attract others.

Comment

Interesting and also yucky. If I see one closer to our flat(or inside it!) I'll try that.

There's a guy on my train who gets up and moves when I sit next to him. Happened twice now. Really obvious, too.

From now on I'm gonna look for him and sit next to him any chance I get. Should brighten up my mornings

Comment

If he moves, will you move with him? Is there anything you could do to tempt him not to move? Maybe read something really interesting looking. Or photoshop a photo of yourself with Angelina Jolie and stare at it.

Comment

Getting a seat at that time is pure luck as it is so I'd rather stay seated!

First time it happened he got up and stood near the door so he's clearly quite determined to get away from me.

Comment

Ah Japan, where no matter the colour of your skin, we're all gaijin.
                          Do you ride the train far?

Comment

Tomorrow is going to be new PC day!
                            A month ago I bought everything required for a X99 rig but the motherboard was faulty. Sent the mobo back as RMA, and in the meantime got a second mobo and built the PC (the one I'm writing from right now). Today the mobo got back from RMA, along with new CPU, RAM, HSF, and M.2 PCIE SSD. Quickly assembled everything on a testbed and fired it up: everything works, BIOS configured, three cold starts and several restarts to be extra sure, and everything's fine.
                            Tomorrow I'll move PC components around from case to case. Oh joy.

Comment

Gotta love PC upgrades... I always do it in increments though, haha.

For gaming it seems my CPU will be sufficient for quite a while, I'll definitely get a new GPU for Black Desert though...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                                Ah Japan, where no matter the colour of your skin, we're all gaijin.
                                Do you ride the train far?
                                Not really, 30 minutes. I'm finding people not wanting to sit next to me quite often now but this is the first time someone's actually moved. I don't really mind because they're mostly country bumpkin types so the joke's on them. Never had this problem working in Shinjuku but maybe it's because the trains were always packed!

Comment

Working...
                                X