Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked my holiday to Tokyo for next February today. 9 nights in a hotel which I've stayed in before but has been bought by a different brand and given a full refurbishment in April of this year.

Price was too good to say no.

Comment

Amazon review for Get Fit with Mel B (Wii):

"whenever I am using the Wii Board, Mel B continuously says "make sure the power button on the Wii board is towards yer" (note the word "yer" instead of "you" - oh dear)."

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      I've unfollowed them, basically the same result. Really pretty girl but posts so much rubbish, oh well.
      Not worth it. Pretty girls on the internet are just a google away so no need to bother with the aggro if you don't actually hang around with her or even interact.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
        Booked my holiday to Tokyo for next February today. 9 nights in a hotel which I've stayed in before but has been bought by a different brand and given a full refurbishment in April of this year.

Price was too good to say no.
        Me jealous.

Comment

Got a retweet by Big Rock. Made my day.

That's one of the glasses work got me for my...Saturday.

Comment

Lou Sanders reading a one-line story for Richard Herring:

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Herring cutting off the music killed me. You can even hear the click of the button

Comment

Packaging something really well makes me smile.

Just boxed up my PC Engine to ship... Sad to see it go but at least I know it'll arrive safely.

Comment

It's a smile right now as I've finally got my w10 upgrade on the go. Might turn into an irk later, we'll see.

Comment

I was considering Windows 10 but I don't think Lenovo have rolled out their software for it yet. Shockingly enough, their software is actually worth having - unlike most manufacturer gunk.

Comment

Sesame Street is moving to HBO. Means they have better funding and also they can swear more.

Comment

Is that not just Avenue Q, Dogg?

Bonus fact: Sesame Street has won more Emmy Awards than any other show in history.
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-08-2015, 15:38.

Comment

Pretty much. Only this has Grover and he's an OG and has been down with the street from day one.

Comment

W10 seems okay so far.

Just signed a new lease knocking $94/month off my current rent.

Getting paid later!

Edit: and the University of Calgary has removed the increase on tuition. Saved me $100ish for the autumn terms it seems.
                          Last edited by kryss; 14-08-2015, 00:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Sesame Street is moving to HBO. Means they have better funding and also they can swear more.
                            Better funding is good, but is there not an issue with paywalling education?

Comment

Yes, there is. Although it will stay running on PBS too after a broadcast window of 9 months for HBO. And reruns and re-edits (they edit them to shorter episodes) stay on PBS too.

The other concern that I think is entirely valid is that, since its launch, Sesame Street has generally been completely free from commercial interests outside of its own need for funding, which until recently was covered by non-profit organisations plus a healthy licensing income (there has been a bit of dodgy sponsorship over the years though). I don't know what the terms of this deal are but PBS obviously aren't a commercial broadcaster whereas HBO very much are and there would be a concern that commercial interests can now taint Sesame Street and public educational TV.
                              Last edited by Dogg Thang; 14-08-2015, 10:33.

Comment

Got my Samsung 850 Pro in my ThinkPad. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
                                X