Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never used an induction hob but there's just something odd about using anything besides a gas hob.

Comment

No gas supply on my village. It's awesome science. The speed it boils a pan of water is ridiculous! Creole Jambalaya for dinner tonight

Comment

All the pros use induction now, I'll get one when the kitchen is done.

Comment

I think the cooker in my apartment pre-dates the discovery of the wheel. All the lights are like campfires of various sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Thanks! I hadn't considered that actually. It will be a tough job getting it published and I imagine they'll want one of their own illustrators but you never know. I gave my daughter the first draft last night and she read the first four chapters before sleep time. I came down this morning to find that she had read the entire thing before breakfast. I'm taking that as a positive sign.
            Sounds good! What age group?

Comment

It's around the 7-10 age group. My eldest is 7 but I'm hoping it would hold the attention of older kids too.

Comment

Smile Fuel = Finding a mint copy of Probotector 2 on the NES during a loft clear out.

Comment

Finally picked up a "lounge set" for sitting long into the night in the freezing cold on my PC in my room. Good stuff, so warm.

Also didn't buy any games in town today... Think I've bought almost every PS3 game I could possibly want.

Comment

Whilst rearranging my room I put my PC Engine AC adaptor back in the box and put it in my Duo R box. I'd never actually looked at the Duo R manual before. It's got charming illustrations and the whole thing is A4. Wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Whilst rearranging my room I put my PC Engine AC adaptor back in the box and put it in my Duo R box. I'd never actually looked at the Duo R manual before. It's got charming illustrations and the whole thing is A4. Wonderful.
                      You're making me regretting selling it ;D

Comment

It's found a good home here, don't you worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          My new induction hob. Sad eh?
                          Not in the least! My last flat had an induction hob and it was so cool. Loved the way the pans would hum when placed on it. And the surface was never hotter than the pan itself. The other hob was the regular element-style one which would stay hot for aaaages.

I read the wiki and it said there are induction surfaces where you don't even have to put the pan anywhere specific. Just on the surface somewhere and it'll work. That's pretty darn groovy.

My smile: Gf's dad took us out for dinner for my birthday this weekend. We went to a great Japanese restaurant. That evening it was completely empty. Just us three. Then, a woman joined us who was once was married to Henry Miller. She was a good laugh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Funny stuff . I stumbled across an aol internet startup disk while cleaning a dark dusty corner of the factory the other day, couldn't help but laugh at it as a by gone process of yesteryear.

Also, i don't think college will be for her, you know, might have to process a few thoughts and do something for yourself there, horrible stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X