• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban request for charlesr please

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      You already set for a co op partner?
      I play with a mate yeah but would be more than happy to have some games with yourself plus they have the hella cool new Namco Star Wars game and deluxe OutRun 2 of course.

Virtua Cop 2 is no way better than Time Crisis 2 IMO, that game is peak lightgun for me. From the few rounds I've played so far TC5 is the best entry since 2. The extra pedal mechanic is probably the best addition to the series they've done, and they don't go overboard with the non-pistol weapons in this one. They're still there but ammo is more limited so the pistol is always useful.

Ghost Squad is absolutely superb too . Sank far too much into that in the arcade before all the cabs I knew of got replaced with the upgraded version (Ghost Squad Extend, or Evolution or something) which lacked the IC Card slot. Then the Wii version I played ridiculous amounts of.

TC2 and Ghost Squad are, for me, the best lightgun games. I was never much of a fan of Virtua Cop 1 and 2 but did enjoy 3. Many years since I've had an opportunity to play that now though.

Another one I'm a big fan of is the PS2 exclusive Gunfighter II, which was a great Time Crisis clone in a wild west setting. Good level of challenge, great pacing and plenty of replayability (oh, and satisfying shooting). The perfect combo for a lightgun game!

There have been soooo many bad lightgun games over the years. I always thought Vampire Night and to a lesser extent Ninja Assault were bobbins.

EDIT: can't leave this post without a mention of House of the Dead 2. Class game although some of the bosses feel a bit unfair! Ran through it a few months ago in the arcade with a mate.
      Last edited by wakka; 02-06-2015, 13:14.

Comment

TC2 in double gun mode on PS2 is one reason I bought the console. And well worth it it was too. Shame that was the only decent light gun game on the system (IMO).

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Or Ghost Squad on the Wii.
        Sold my copy without ever playing it. House of the Dead Overkill is another matter though! The NERF wiimote gun I awesome for it.

Comment

On the PS2 - Gunfighter 2 was good. Time Crisis 3, Vampire Night, Ninja Assault and Endgame were pretty ropey, although TC3 is the best of a bad bunch there. Struggling to remember others now.

Ghost Squad is one of the best lightgun games ever Kryss, definitely try it. HotD Overkill was very cool and unique but a bit over-long for a lightgun title for me, and it wasn't quite as satisfying as Ghost Squad. IMO anyway.

Comment

Do I need a zapper for Ghost Squad that holds the nunchaku too, or will just a Wiimote gun suffice?

Comment

A Wiimote will suffice but a shell improves the feel a bit I think. I don't rate the Zapper though, would get a Nyko Perfect Shot on Ebay. Also good for HoTD2 and Overkill.

Just reread your question. Ghost Squad doesn't use the nunchuk at all (and rightfully so, I hate when lightgun games have an extra controller. I need both hands on the gun!).

Comment

Those Nyko Perfect Shot ones sound good and get the most praise but are quite pricey.

Do you think this clone would suffice:

Comment

No idea I'm afraid QC. They are just bits of plastic really so I would think it's probably fine - but I've never seen/used a clone so don't really know!

Comment

Thanks anyway, Wakk-a-mole!

I'll take a punt for a fiver!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        Thanks anyway, Wakk-a-mole!

I'll take a punt for a fiver!
                        No worries, it's a superb game that I'm sure you'll enjoy

Be sure to unlock Paradise Mode in which the terrorists are replaced by bikini clad babes that you attack with water pistols. Oh yus.

Comment

Man, has only me played Point Blank or something?

It's Bishi Bashi with a light gun, who care about serious stuff!

Comment

I've been meaning to play it for ages, but keep forgetting to get a gun Wiimote case.
                            That Paradise Mode...

Special shout out to m'main man ItsThere for giving me his copy in the Blueroom It's For Free thread.
                            Just one of the many perks of being a Blueroom member!

Comment

Oh are we talking about light gun games on the Wii? Dead Space Extraction is well worth getting, I reckon.

Comment

They're not light gun games though, they're pointy waggle stick games!

Comment

Working...
                                X