This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    Make sure you snap it in half and drop it in a bin after every call.
    If I could afford to do that with my current phone, it'd solve a lot of problems.

It's a bit stupid really. When I was 19 I had a job that involved answering the phone all day and I was good enough at it to almost end up with a radio voice. Nowadays I just want to hide from the things. Friends and family stopped calling me ages ago because they said that I never pick up, so it's mostly WhatsApp or e-mail instead. Not sure why.

Comment

Movies that are offered in 'premium' formats in cinemas (ie. IMAX, D-BOX motion seats et, 3D) and don't use them to any real effect

Just watched The Martian in Ultra AVX 3D DBOX

- the 3D was so useless I couldn't believe it. Forgot was even wearing the shades as there had been no real 3D effect at all

-Worst use of DBOX motion seats after Jurassic World. Liberal use of it at beginning of film and then flatlined really

Greedy muppets

Comment

Amazon's new delivery management irks me, for two reasons.

Firstly, the delivery threshold is now ?20. This means I always end up having to shop for ages to find something costing ?3-4 to get me over the limit, because without it, the postage would be ?3-4 meaning the item is effectively "free" (or at least, it isn't good economy not to get it).

Secondly, the super-saver delivery isn't as good as it used to be. It takes much longer and everything arrives in dribs and drabs instead of one shipment.

Fortunately I get stuff delivered to reception at work, so there's always someone there to receive the package - otherwise it'd be a nightmare.

Comment

Turns out my Docomo contract wasn't renewed when I got my iPhone so it renewed in May this year instead of December. I'm sure they told me when I got the phone but I forgot.

I'll get charged 10,000Y to cancel it, now.

I have two months of payments left for the phone so I'll just cancel it in January and look for a decent MVNO.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Amazon's new delivery management irks me, for two reasons.

Firstly, the delivery threshold is now ?20. This means I always end up having to shop for ages to find something costing ?3-4 to get me over the limit, because without it, the postage would be ?3-4 meaning the item is effectively "free" (or at least, it isn't good economy not to get it).

Secondly, the super-saver delivery isn't as good as it used to be. It takes much longer and everything arrives in dribs and drabs instead of one shipment.

Fortunately I get stuff delivered to reception at work, so there's always someone there to receive the package - otherwise it'd be a nightmare.
            Yep, they nerfed the Super Saver Delivery to make the Prime service seem like a good deal.
            Absolutely stinks. I try to avoid buying from them & actually give more attention to brick and mortar stores these days.

Comment

With Prime, amazon pay me a pound for delivery every time I order something. It's cool.

Comment

Amazon is crap these days unless you have Prime, I don't use them at all any more. I object to the idea of a subscription shop quite frankly. Once I've shelled out my ?80 I then effectively have to buy everything from Amazon, whether they have the best price or not (which they frequently don't these days), just to justify it.

Comment

I work on the south side of a building that is very much symmetrical. Every now and again the bathroom is out of service on our side, and I need to go to the north side, and every bloody time it throws me as I walk in that it looks like a perfect mirror image of what I'm used to; cubicles on the left as opposed to the right, sinks on the right as opposed to the left, and so on. It's not quite gotten to the stage where I've unzipped in front of the sink, but it feels like a very stupid thing to be confused by, and is potentially making me look like (more of a) weirdo.

Comment

Fuse's Adventures in MirrorLand

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      Amazon is crap these days unless you have Prime, I don't use them at all any more. I object to the idea of a subscription shop quite frankly. Once I've shelled out my ?80 I then effectively have to buy everything from Amazon, whether they have the best price or not (which they frequently don't these days), just to justify it.
                      Depends where you live...free delivery stuff quite often arrives the next day in Birmingham. We must have a local depot though as you can get things inside an hour if you are a prime member.

I gave the trial a bash just to save ?3 delivery on a phone case...have cancelled Netflix so was considering staying after the trial and using their film service. Then I browsed the selection and cancelled the trial 3 weeks early

Comment

Amazon free delivery is 99% next day for me

Comment

Interesting! Really poor in London despite there obviously being depots here (and Prime members getting a same day service on groceries). Several days last time I tried it, certainly longer than it used to be. A few times they've missed release date for a game for me too, so I gave up using them and switched to Shopto, Gamescollection etc.

That's my experience anyway - maybe I've just been particularly unlucky.

Comment

We've all
                            Commented at work that having prime actually reduces your chances of next day!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              Amazon free delivery is 99% next day for me
                              How many orders have you made in the last 3 months, Brad?

I just ask because it used to be that way for me, but has very recently changed.

Comment

3 in the last 2 weeks! It must be random and I've just been lucky I reckon. Mind you the rest of the office is lucky too

Comment

Working...
                                X