This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    When you say you're in shipping, I imagine you dressed all in white in a nice sailor's outfit.
    Lol afraid not, this isn't me...

What I do is far less exciting & just sit at a desk dealing with imports & customs all day long...it's tedious to say the least

Comment

Dealing with the latest imports all day long? That sounds great, I don't know what you're complaining about!

My irk of today is how aggressive discussions in forum threads become within nanoseconds. I know, I know, welcome to the internet. But is this how people talk to strangers or acquaintances in the pub?! I've absolutely been guilty of it myself too. As soon as we don't have to deal with looking someone in the eye or navigating an awkward situation, it seems to have such a negative effect on interaction in many cases. Oh well. I'm off to Headlines to lambast someone for preferring Xbox pads over DualShocks, or something...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        As soon as we don't have to deal with looking someone in the eye or navigating an awkward situation, it seems to have such a negative effect on interaction in many cases..
        Truth.

Also disappointing that Soundwave isn't the sailor that Ryo was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          My job. I have to get out.
          Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          I don't know Neil. I've no real qualifications and only management experience.
          Same here. 10 months in and I detest it. It isn't really what I signed up for.

I've been applying for a few jobs here and there but there's nothing more declaring than not hearing anything about your application.

Surely 18 years of retail experience (mostly at management level) means something when applying for other retail management positions?!

Comment

I'm not pining after anyone's mates, I'm not quite that shallow.

...Threesome is sadly off the table though.

Typhoon bringing heavy rain (I imagine it's much worse for Anpanman right now though), and the full storm should hit about midnight, which is getting very close.
            2 weeks really hasn't been enough time to do everything I've wanted to do.

Comment

The heat.

Comment

You mean the Fuzz? The 5 0. The po-po.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  You mean the Fuzz? The 5 0. The po-po.
                  No, I mean the fact I work in what amounts to a warehouse with a shed stapled to the front of it and there's no air-conditioning. It was hideously hot today! Just nasty sweatbox.

Comment

May bugs lurking around outside the warehouse shutter at work, smashing themselves into the lights over and over.

Soon as I saw one I release the pump truck and ran inside. Having heard you cannot remove them from your hair once they're lodged in there I've always been extremely cautious of them at work.

Comment

I dont even know what a May bug is. Mayfly? Cranefly? Albatross?

Comment

A cockchafer, apparently.

Comment

I googled it and had a minor waking nightmare. Then I realised Summer in Japan is approaching and I'll be seeing all sorts

Comment

I always see cicadas in anime... Are they big?

Comment

When I was younger and out walking with my parents, a mayfly flew into my eye. The pain was excruciating.

Comment

Cicadas vary in size, but the largest are about the size of a rice ball. Or a small rock. A visiting friend once saw one banging into a window from inside the glass, and shrieked like a small girl. Said it was the biggest bluebottle he had ever seen, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X