X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
    Tory Scum. Tory Scum voters.
    The only way I can rationalise it is that there is a (largely silent) number of people in the UK who aren't super-rich, but they believe they one day might be, or they're holding out that they might get lucky - and when that day comes, they want to hoard that money and lord it over the people they consider poor and inferior. By relation, they also consider the wealthy as entitled to their wealth unequivocally. They vote Tory because they've bought into the myth that hard work directly equals success, or they're just banking on a lottery win.

Comment

It's an enigma, that's for sure. Who did vote Tory? One of the things that was mentioned in the aftermath of the Conservative win was the term "shy Conservative voters" because the polls were so ridiculously wrong.

It's also worth pointing out that "your world" is a lot smaller than you think and Facebook, which how many of us gauge current events, is tailored to show posts from your friends, who are more than likely going to have the same views as you, and sponsored posts that have been filtered based on your posts and clicking habits.

A Reddit user posed the same question and the responses are interesting:

Quite often, people aren't pro-Conservative, but the local MP has done a good job.
      It's a frustrating situation where you might like someone who looks after your local area, but you don't want their bosses to run the whole country.
      Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-05-2015, 08:30.

Comment

Actually, the Conservative victory is based on appealing to the innate snobbery and personal ideas of class held by many in the UK. You can have somebody in an ex-council house on an ex-council estate peering through her net curtains at her neighbours, who live in near identical homes, saying to herself, "I'm not like you, oh no. I'm not a beer-swilling, fish-finger eating prole like you. I'm one of them. I'm on the up. They speak for me." They believe they're in the same social bracket as the Conservative ministers and MPs, when actually nothing is further from the truth and that the likes of Cameron and Gove think they're mugs.

To wage war on the poorest in our society and preside over a country where food banks are becoming widespread and over subscribed, is ****ing disgusting. There are a minority who ride the benefits system, for sure - but as the papers seem so good at finding them to splash over their front pages, prosecute them and find the others who abuse the system. Don't destroy the system for others who might be on hard times. My sister has just been made redundant again after 8 months of part-time work and it's devastating for her and my nephew. She's "lucky" in a way, she has MS and has to check-in with the charity Scope, whereas the non-disabled have the government's favourite gravy-train private security company, G4S and their paid goons barking at them to apply for a particular job and threatening that they'll have their benefits cut if they don't.

And as for zero-hour contracts.... well my contempt for them and employers who use them is beyond words. They're the 21st century equivalent of the workhouse.
        Last edited by gunrock; 14-05-2015, 09:26.

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post

And as for zero-hour contracts.... well my contempt for them and employers who use them is beyond words. They're the 21st century equivalent of the workhouse.
          ah sports direct; uk's number one .... At exploiting staff. An absolutely abhorrent company led my a man so despicable I gave up my season ticket and no longer watch Newcastle and point blank refuse so set foot in one of his stores.

Comment

Actually, the Conservative victory is based on appealing to the innate snobbery and personal ideas of class held by many in the UK.
            That is my opinion too. So many idiots with delusions of grandeur.

I keep thinking of Radiohead's No Surprises since the election.
            Last edited by smouty; 14-05-2015, 11:05.

Comment

I'm actually rather frustrated.

had a difficult nightshift and the task was incomplete. When the morning team got there we (the night staff) did half an hour overtime and completed it. One of the girls who came in in the morning saw me and said I looked like I was relaxing and continued to demand tasks from me.

I'm so annoyed with myself that I didn't respond to her and call her out on her patronising behaviour. I've not been in this company for eight months simply for my good looks. I may not be the best on the team but I know what I'm ****ing doing and I'd like to see her trick arse attempt a night shift.

Comment

My sister has just been made redundant again after 8 months of part-time work and it's devastating for her and my nephew. She's "lucky" in a way, she has MS and has to check-in with the charity Scope, whereas the non-disabled have the government's favourite gravy-train private security company, G4S and their paid goons barking at them to apply for a particular job and threatening that they'll have their benefits cut if they don't.
                Won't your sister have to put up with ATOS and "fit for work" assessments instead?

Comment

Labour were just ****e. Their campaign was fraught with insecurity in their leadership and never looked strong.

Comment

The Tories aren't perfect, but a damn sight better than Labour are currently... way too left wing. Maybe a new leader will bring back some proper support in 2020...

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Just buying a house and my hatred for Letting agents is being replaced with a hatred for Estate agents.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Back in Canada and knowing I don't belong here.

Comment

Surprised MS have stooped this low, guess they wanted some of those King dollars

Windows 10 comes with Candy Crush Saga automatically installed, Microsoft has announced. King's hugely popular social g…

Windows 10 comes with Candy Crush Saga automatically installed

Comment

Also includes an AOL dialer and a McAfee 30 day trial.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            I don't belong here.
                            I've had Radiohead's "Creep" running around my head since reading that the other day.
                            Well, I've had this version by Richard Cheese.
                            "Dick" to his friends...

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
                              Surprised MS have stooped this low, guess they wanted some of those King dollars

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ally-installed
                              I'll honestly be waiting until they remove it.

Comment

They aren't forcing you to play it and it'll take seconds to uninstall it.

You're really that bothered by something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X