Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that, but the red/blue depth effect happens no matter what.

Also, previously the thick edge effect would affect everything on the edges.

Comment

I was trying to throw you a lifeline...

Insanity it is then!

Comment

Comment

"Fontconfig needs to update its font cache. This can take up to a couple of minutes."

Dear Fontconfig,

May I request that you refrain from updating the font cache until I play a video with subtitles in it?

Sincerely,

R.BS

Comment

Clocks go back tomorrow night.

Who gives a monkey's about light in the morning? Light in the evening when most people are back from work is much more useful to almost everyone in today's UK.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Who gives a monkey's about light in the morning? Light in the evening when most people are back from work is much more useful to almost everyone in today's UK.
              QFT..

Comment

My mate at work pays no attention to clocks changing. We have flexitime so he just changes his work hours!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

It reduces car accidents. Supposedly.

I believe it also affects the UK's energy consumption.

Comment

The energy consumption thing was from back when everyone stuck coal on the fire when they woke up in the colder air before the sun came up. These days, most people just leave their thermostat on a set level so time of day doesn't matter.

The accidents thing was a trial in Scotland. Probably true.

Comment

Essentially, they did a trial for three years from 1968.

Less people died in accidents in England but more died in Scotland, where the sun didn't rise until 10am in the northern regions.

Comment

Less people would die now becasue you can't get above 20mph in most places.

Comment

The Buffalo Bills are my irk...useless jerks lost and I'm stuck on a 2hr train home in Jersey/hat combo /

Comment

15 year old jailed for life for 'inciting attack' on WW1 memorial online earlier this month. This beggars belief.

1. Isolated, crazed youth 'incite attacks' on others they're taught to hate all the time.
                            Britain First's facebook page and any rightwing website's comment page are filled with incitements to attack Muslims, leftists, and anyone they don't like, for one example. They are never jailed, let alone for *life terms*.

2. When did we start jailing minors for life? It bears repeating - just when did civilised nations start jailing minors for life???

As with Omar Khadr and the hundreds of Obama's dead droned children, the UN convention on the rights of the child for all children, another rule for Muslim children. It's enough to never want to have a child.

Also: dead demand for PCS leading to scarcity and high prices for PC accessories. Had to go to 3 stores that used to carry USB hubs until I found a cheap quality one for....$15. I know it makes sense economics-wise but come on, that is taking the p***.
                            Last edited by usman; 25-10-2015, 21:49.

Comment

Ironically, he's considered an adult in Islam.

Also, wtf? The plot seemed to involve running a policeman over and then maybe one more or possibly getting out of the car and knifing them before being taken down and that's considered a major terrorist attack? And no mention of civilians, either?

That sounds exactly like the kind of daft plan only a 15yo could cook up. Besides, that's not a knife. That's a knife.

Comment

I'm not defending any far right organisation but there's a big difference in leaving a facebook comment and what the 15 year old was part of.

"During nine days in March he shared more than 3,000 heavily encrypted messages with fellow plotter "Illyas" in Australia, in which they discussed a plan to run over a police officer at an Anzac Day parade. The boy also suggested Illyas break into someone's house to "get your first taste of beheading" and they shared images, including an exact replica of a knife used in the "Rambo" films. The boy said it had a handle which is "perfect for tearing through throat."

"The boy remains a "significant risk", the judge, Mr Justice Saunders, said. Dominic Casciani, BBC home affairs correspondent, said the five-year minimum term was a "window of opportunity" to see if the boy can be deradicalised before he is then moved into the adult prison system." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34423984

His age is irrelevant, if he's a risk to the public and is likely to act on his radicalisation he shouldn't be in a position to harm anyone. Also, the UK uses the term 'life imprisonment' very liberally, He's up for parole after 5 years in a rehab centre, hardly a life sentence...

Comment

Working...
                                X