No announcement yet.

Little Things that Bring a Smile to Your Face 5: Rainbow Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what I do, forget in March because here they do it in May. Then in May tell her you did something for her in March. Bingo!

Comment

Not a little thing. Mahoooooosive,

For the last month we've been sweating over some results my wife was waiting for. She has had some blood problems which may have masked other stuff so we've had ongoing investigations for a while. On holiday in Florida she was really ill with a blocked bile duct. On return an ultrasound escaped to a CT Scan which escalated to an MRI.

She had two suspect areas in her breast and liver. Both have been confirmed as being lesions/tumours but benign and no danger at all.

Relief to say the least. Time to put the life policy back in the drawer (no joke).

She still needs to have her gall bladder out but apparently that is 'routine'.

Phew.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
        Not a little thing. Mahoooooosive,

For the last month we've been sweating over some results my wife was waiting for. She has had some blood problems which may have masked other stuff so we've had ongoing investigations for a while. On holiday in Florida she was really ill with a blocked bile duct. On return an ultrasound escaped to a CT Scan which escalated to an MRI.

She had two suspect areas in her breast and liver. Both have been confirmed as being lesions/tumours but benign and no danger at all.

Relief to say the least. Time to put the life policy back in the drawer (no joke).

She still needs to have her gall bladder out but apparently that is 'routine'.

Phew.
        Calls for a lot of celebrating, overcoming that lot!

Comment

I've been playing with a Speech Jammer and so have the kids. Ridiculously funny. I almost crippled myself listening to my daughter trying to say optimism. Highly recommended.

Comment

Filed my tax return like a boss.

Comment

Taking about 2 minutes to decide that I needed a new GPU and then buying one. Hurrah

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Filed my tax return like a boss.
                Just a statement of fact, that one.

Comment

Except I'm an underling, as for the difference in money applying for a higher position really doesn't balance out the **** you have to deal with.

Comment

One for me today; I saw someone on the bus listening to a Minidisc player. First time I've seen someone listening to one since around 2005.

It made me wonder for a bit if MD offers literally any notable improvement over modern digital music players, so as to make a person consider using one in 2016. I couldn't think of any though, so I assume they've got a big collection of MD mixes and have just been putting off making the jump over.

Comment

Mine takes 1 AA battery and lasts for over a day, so if I was travelling somewhere without guaranteed charging I would probably do the same. Of course, all the music I have on MD is pre-2004 as I took it with me when I left for Japan.

I finished a game today. How often does THAT happen!?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                        One for me today; I saw someone on the bus listening to a Minidisc player. First time I've seen someone listening to one since around 2005.

It made me wonder for a bit if MD offers literally any notable improvement over modern digital music players, so as to make a person consider using one in 2016. I couldn't think of any though, so I assume they've got a big collection of MD mixes and have just been putting off making the jump over.
                        Maybe they're Japanese. Minidiscs are still everywhere here. As are fax machines.

Comment

This is it. Cup of tea styling.

Comment

This cuts off at the end early and touches on some of the truly dark corners of Donald Trump but it's a very entertaining rant

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Taking about 2 minutes to decide that I needed a new GPU and then buying one. Hurrah
                              I'm still running my trusty old XFX HD7970, gonna wait for the R9 400 series before upgrading but I'm deffo going to upgrade for DX Mankind Divided. I'm really happy Windows 10 has effectively given my old FX 8350 a 15% boost as well...

Comment

7970 is a strong card I think! I would have waited for the new Nvidia stuff to roll around but I think that is later this year?

I'm going from a GTX 670 to a GTX 970.

Comment

Working...
                                X