Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spooktaculicious coincidences!

Continuing my TV smile theme:

The disposal/recycling charge for a large TV is about £15 so I decided to have a go at fixing the TV that died. I lay it flat on its face and examined the back for some sign, some clue where to begin my diagnosis. I noticed a button along one side all by itself that I'd never seen before. It said 'power'. I pressed it in and it clicked in.

The red standby light came on.

I know what happened: while drunkenly fiddling round the back of the old TV hooking up the HDMI for the SFC Mini, the button must have got pressed by the wall. Dayyymn.

Comment

When navigating via Google maps at the moment you can do so as Mario in his kart!

Comment

The Nike Air Monarch, the ultimate 'dad shoe', always makes me chuckle:

For some reason I decided to pop into Deichmann yesterday on a long shot to see if they had owt decent and I clocked the Monarchs straight off lol. Think Hank in Breaking Bad was rocking a similar pair, New Balance dad shoes, once dad shoes are seen they can't be unseen.

Comment

Another terrific piece of work by our own [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION]!

Comment

Thanks, Wakka!

Comment

We were just saying the other day we spotted your work again
              Nice one !

Comment

Went down to the Nike outlet this eve, snagged a pair of Cortez for £24.50,black n white suede n nylon, they're cool but what's cooler is they have this Clockwork Orange font on the heel so I'm assuming they're some kind of limited thang. I'm not complaining, I wanted a new cool cheapish pair of kicks to take to Whitby this week and I got 'em!!!
                Last edited by JazzFunk; 13-03-2018, 00:24.

Comment

These so I dint do too bad.
                  Last edited by JazzFunk; 13-03-2018, 00:20.

Comment

During scary/gruesome scenes on the telly, my wife puts a hand in front of her face(like a vogue dance) so she can still read the subtitles.

Wife(watching NCIS): I have to use two hands with this new TV because it's so big...

Me: Haha, yeah that must be annoying!

Me: ...

Me: JUST MOVE YOUR HAND CLOSER TO YOUR FACE!

Wife(moving hand closer to her face): ...this works!

Comment

I know it's common place but I can't help but smirk a little at The Guardians own goal on this given how hard they pushed their editorial stance on how wrong others have been on the subject. Still, at least it's coming from themselves.

Comment

[23:00] * Forme ([email protected]) has joined #bordersdown
                        [23:01] <Forme> hi um my celing fan keeps ticking in a low speed how can I stop it
                        [23:01] <Forme> can u please tell me what to do
                        [23:01] * Forme ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Page closed)

LOL, who was that?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            [23:00] * Forme ([email protected]) has joined #bordersdown
                            [23:01] <Forme> hi um my celing fan keeps ticking in a low speed how can I stop it
                            [23:01] <Forme> can u please tell me what to do
                            [23:01] * Forme ([email protected]) Quit (Quit: Page closed)

LOL, who was that?
                            Sorry, Chaz, but this bloody celing fan is driving me mental!

Comment

Two work smiles:

1) I bought a balance ball to sit on and received it before lunch. I connected the foot pump and made a sign saying "have fun" before going on lunch. Anyone walking past would go over and pump it up a bit

2) my colleague asked my manager what that disease is called when you use a computer for long hours. Manager's reply was "otaku"

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                                Sorry, Chaz, but this bloody celing fan is driving me mental!
                                There's a no endo to your mischief!

Comment

Working...
                                X