Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cereal Thriller! Your fave brekkie bowls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1: Farley's rusks
    2: Porridge

Other stuff has come and gone like Shreddies, Ready Brek, Toppas but the above two was and are still my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
      As a kid - Golden Nuggets
      Snap! Used to love those and remember having some free stickers from them all over the desk I had. They did make a reappearance a few years ago I think, but they just weren't the same.

I'm another boring oldie and stick with Special K, porridge (with sugar) or Ready Brek. Partly because the other stuff is just too sweet n sickly now, and partly because I need to lose weight etc.

Comment

Special K aint healthy though theirs more calories and crap in em than Frosties (which has been another favoruite of mine). Had to stop eating Frosties 2 years ago when they changed the recipe as they now make me hurl.

I got a free years supply of sugar puffs when I was about 8 as a whole big rectangle of honey glupped together was in the box. Remember my mum writing to em making a big song and dance about it saying I nearly choked when in reality it just fell out the box lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Special K aint healthy though theirs more calories and crap in em than Frosties
          I'd better check the box tonight then! I'd assumed (stupidly it would seem) that due to their 'two bowls, two weeks' campaign that they were actually fairly healthly. Oh well, porridge it is then!

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit_UK View Post
            I'd better check the box tonight then! I'd assumed (stupidly it would seem) that due to their 'two bowls, two weeks' campaign that they were actually fairly healthly. Oh well, porridge it is then!
            I always thought that you would lose weight if you replaced meals with ANY cereal.

Comment

Corn Pops, but you only got about two bowls out of a box

Comment

Actually - on the subject of cereals... I have the fact that due to all the red-tape, we no longer get a little toy in the box!!

I used to love opening a box of cereal and getting the crappy figurine of whatever was big at the time

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit_UK View Post
                  Its a marketing ploy m8. Check side of box of em and you will find more calories in a box of special K then the sugary loopy frosties. I had to do a calorie intake for about 2yrs when I lost 7stone in the 5months of what I could eat and keep down etc.. and went thru basically the entire range of cereals. I did eat special k for about 3months but they changed the recipe again and that for me killed it lol Diatician started me on Special K first as its quite fattening compared to rest before I ended up on the dreaded food drinks.

If you live off any cereal for two bowls a day you would loose weight wouldnt matter what it was.

They should bring back Kinda as well choke on that you little git regarding toys. Anyone remember the adverts choco dooobie etc.. mental.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post

Yes, this. They're absolutely fantastic. The only problem is that once I've opened a box, I can't stop eating the bloody things.
                    I'm a cinnamon whore, just wish it was as popular here as it is over in the states Auntie Annes fresh cinnamon pretzels, ****ing lovely!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay
                      Actually - on the subject of cereals... I have the fact that due to all the red-tape, we no longer get a little toy in the box!!
                      Dude seriously, no more toys inside cereal boxes? I haven't bought cereal in years...still, this is upsetting. My future children will never the know the utter joy of getting a promotional holograph card where it's Jim Carrey when you tilt it one way and then The Mask when you tilt it the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Asholay View Post
                        Surely all you chaps mean Cinammon Toast Crunch!!

Before they turned into Cinammon Grahams... and now 'Curiously Cinammon'... Pfft

The best graham's cereal was probably Golden Grahams anyway... stayed crunchy in the adversity of the milk attack!!!
                        I dunno tbh, I remember seeing cinnamon toast crunch when I was in USA but over here I've only ever known Cinnamon grahams, not had them in a while though might get some more, didnt know they changed name though!

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Start? What happened to it? Best cereal ever. I like the way they marketed it as some sort of super-athlete health food when it was blatantly as sugary as Coco Pops or Frosties. I could seriously eat a whole box in four bowls.

Comment

Cereal Thriller! Your fave brekkie bowls!

All this chat about the smashing up of the cereal cafe has prompted me to do this thread about your favourite cereals.

Chip in with your favourite choices, which ones fill you up for the morning, what to avoid and cereals that make great puddings!

I'm a bit odd in that I like a little bit of a lot of cereals at the same time. I have a boring, healthier base cereal, such as Weetabix or plain shreddies, then a cheeky topping of something tasty.
                            Today, it was a crazy mix of Choc Weetabix Minis, Honey Nut Clusters and Golden Syrup Shreddies.
                            Gert lush!

Comment

I believe I made this thread about 6 years ago, Quixotic Chomp, and it was definitive.

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Just because you don't like my thread, don't come in here smashing the place up!

Comment

Working...
                                X