Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cereal Thriller! Your fave brekkie bowls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oats with either nuts and seeds or a drizzle of maple syrup. can't stand all those processed junk ones.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      And just plain porridge with honey.

Still partial to Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, but they go so quickly and don't keep me going through till lunchtime.
      I concur with both these sentiments; Crunchy Nut is high-calorie, high-GI and leaves me starving by 10am.

As for porridge I have Flavahans organic rolled oats, 40g in a bowl with water for 2 x 40 seconds. Add in 2g of granulated sugar and 30ml of skimmed milk (for creaminess) and you've got 186 calories that keeps me going till about midday.

My ideal cereal bowl (and once my staple - hence the 20 stone I'm trying to shrink) is 15g of rice krispies (as a base), 25g of Special K, 30g of Crunchy Nut and 40g of Jordan's Country Crisp Chunky Nuts variety and 260ml of milk (any kind). All told around 600-700 calories!

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
        Porridge with some raisins when I actually have breakfast.
        Same here, though on Sunday's after my early 5k run I put banana in.

Comment

1. Fruity Pebbles
          2. Crunch Berries
          3. Lion cereal
          4. Apple Jacks
          5. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Healthy cereals are a scam, all high calorie/carbs. I just go with the delicious sugary junk stuff.

Comment

Thanks to [MENTION=13863]speedlolita[/MENTION] I'm enjoying apricot wheats.

Keloggs Start is another fave.

Comment

Only problem with those apricot wheats is you only get 4-5 bowls per box.

Comment

Working...
              X