Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Emily Booth.
    Krotoski > Booth.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
      Krotoski > Booth.
      Oh dear.

Comment

It's not like Emily Newton-Dunn was hard on the eye either you know. Just saying.

Comment

Getting back into the Gym these days & a few things there are beginning to irk me...

1) Couples...why the F' do you bring your other half to train with you IF they have no intention of training themselves & just spend the entire hour or so you are there fawning over you, cuddling you, sitting on your lap between sets & generally just acting like teenagers (these are fully grown men & girlfriends in their 20's BTW) no need for it & winds me up...it's a place of work not for making out...go home if you want to do that.

2) people leaving fully loaded bars & machines...this really gets my goat.
          I do not want to have to spend 5 minutes & a whole chunk of my energy unracking the 4 plates you left each side of the Squat bar or leg press machine.
          OK you can lift big, but be a bigger man (or woman) & unrack when you're done...not all of us are that strong yet

Neil

Comment

My strategy for not breaching gym etiquette is to never exercise. So far, it's working a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              My strategy for not breaching gym etiquette is to never exercise. So far, it's working a treat.
              Lol it's not really anything you think would be hard to do it's just politeness at the end of the day

We actually have a couple of blokes who train who video themselves as well which I find a bit OTT if I'm honest.
              Granted they are deadlifting some big poundage...think I counted 5 x 20Kg & 1 x 15Kg plates a side plus the Bar weighs 20Kg on it's own so that's an impressive feat to me but vidoeing themselves is not for me oh & the shouts of encouragement get a bit much as well.

They are BIG guys though...powerlifters so I'm not about to tell them not to do it lol.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Oh dear.
                One has gone on to be an academic and one has gone on to straight to video hell. History has validated my teenage crush on the nerdy one!

Comment

Being asked how long last the story in Astebreed. Maybe not an irk, but the question surely weirded me out.

But a real irk is Adobe: they published an update for all Creative Cloud programs and since then Photoshop only recognizes 32MB on my GPU (out of 8GB), disabling OGL acceleration. And only PS, every other Adobe program is pretty happy with my W7100.

Comment

Hate creative cloud. Everyone at uni used pirated copies pre-cloud update.

Comment

The Creative Cloud has some nifty things that make the Creative Suite obsolete, but the subscription method is loathsome.
                      Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 05-12-2015, 08:45.

Comment

AVForums is now worse for trading than eBay. I was going to sell my tablet on there but it's awful so I just went straight to eBay where it'll no doubt make more money even with eBay's fees. Stuff like:

Well, a few months ago someone sold something similar to yours and it doesn't have a warranty and I really wanted it in black and whine whine moan moan so here's an absolute piss take of an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          The Creative Cloud has some nifty things that make the Creative Cloud obsolete, but the subscription method is loathsome.
                          Yeah, subscription is a pain for home users but big businesses love buying that way. Less outlay, it can come out of operating costs, flexible. Companies like selling this way because long term they get more money. Asking the public to subscribe to something new in addition to their broaddband, tv and mobile is a big ask though.

Comment

This is the flaw. It only works for a certain number of services. People hit a limit. And when people examine their finances, subscriptions are an ongoing per year cost (and CC if pretty hefty). Removing instantly makes finances seem better. Even if the one-off cost is way more, once you've spent it you move on mentally and it can't be taken back. Whereas subscriptions can be stopped and will be once people hit their own subscription limit.

Comment

On the other hand, since MS Office went to a monthly charge, it's the first time I've had a copy of office that I've paid for (previously I've always had versions that came free with my machine, or ones provided by a workplace).

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Yeah, subscription is a pain for home users but big businesses love buying that way. Less outlay, it can come out of operating costs, flexible. Companies like selling this way because long term they get more money. Asking the public to subscribe to something new in addition to their broaddband, tv and mobile is a big ask though.
                                I've switched over to creative cloud now after getting a new pc, my 9 year old mac just couldn't hack it anymore. The ?45.73 a month inc vat is really a pittance to what you can get out of it. I only use it for packaging design, leaflet, brochures, photography and general layout, i'm not in any way advanced in any of this but it's great value for what you can do with it all.

I actually got my sub for ?35 in the sale last month and that will stay that price for the next 2 years, great value.

If you're a pro who relies on the Adobe suite, then you're going to be getting a hell of alot back from these programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X