This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    My imbecilic lottery syndicate. We are due a payout of ?40, yet they want me to pay ?18 for December and January. Why not just pay us ?22 and we're done?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      What is the mise en sc?ne? Has the Director placed the camera in a way to frame and depict a character in a certain way?
      Does the lack of non-diegetic sound emphasise the action on-screen or enhance it?

I think I saw a Dutch Angle

Comment

I'm totally shattered and have loads to do. I don't know whether to embrace the cold or bundle up. Either way I seem to get tired easily.

Comment

Been trying to place an order on Rakuten for the past two hours now and I keep getting an error on payment. I've tried 6 cards now...

Also got a text telling me I've used 8gb of my 10gb allowance in the last 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            Was right in the middle of a number 2 when the postman knocked on the door with a package. Not wanting to miss it, I panicked and stuffed my pants with bog roll and set off down the stairs. Found the moment was lost afterwards and there was a fairly extensive cleanup required. I can't imagine I'm the only person this has happened to.
            Never risked it. Not worth it.

Comment

My front door is under the bathroom window, so I can normally get to the window and open it enough to shout down.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                Never risked it. Not worth it.
                Agreed. You can get at least 2-3 wipes in while he fills out the 'you were out' card. That should be sufficient to remove a good amount of matter.

Mind you, it depends how far DT's toilet is from the front door. I like to imagine he lives in a place like this:

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                My front door is under the bathroom window, so I can normally get to the window and open it enough to shout down.
                Same as my parents' place. I did feel a bit awkward with the "just a minute!" followed by a flush. I'd purposely not dry my hands well so the visitor would be confident I'd washed them.

Comment

I read that as "I'd purposely not dry my hands as well", as if you wanted a wet handshake (not a euphemism)

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    pewdiepew.

Now, I guess he's like the internets version of kids tv which is fine tbh, but I'm really disliking how he keeps popping up everywhere. As far as I can see he has zero talent. His preview pictures are all heavily photoshopped and he's quite in love with himself - ergo the photoshopping/ vogue posing.

He's like Kim Kardishian. No talent and you can't escape knowing who they are. Very irritating.
                    Hate to be "that" guy, but Pewdiepie is actually very talented at what he does, even if you don't like it. He makes millions per year. If you think he's talentless, I suggest you try it yourself; making YouTube streaming content is far more difficult than most people think and it isn't something just "anyone" can do.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Mind you, it depends how far DT's toilet is from the front door. I like to imagine he lives in a place like this:

I too like to imagine I live in a place like that.

Comment

I noticed when one of my guys was sitting reading his paper this morning that on the back page Littlewoods were doing three for two on games, with a further 10% off if you were a first time user. So I obviously thought I'd have some of that. Went on to their website, all their games are like ?67!!!! What the ****! So even with the three for two, minus ten percent, it's still cheaper to buy elsewhere. Morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          Hate to be "that" guy, but Pewdiepie is actually very talented at what he does, even if you don't like it. He makes millions per year. If you think he's talentless, I suggest you try it yourself; making YouTube streaming content is far more difficult than most people think and it isn't something just "anyone" can do.
                          I don't have boyish hair unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            I don't have boyish hair unfortunately.

In seriousness, complaining about successful YouTubers is no different to complaining about successful footballers by saying that "all they do is kick a ball around". It's true in a certain lightbut reductionist.

Comment

Complaining about YouTubers doesn't make sense. We now have thousands of gaming TV shows on demand, many bad, some good. Would you rather we went back to the days when the only video gaming content was Gamezville on Sky 1?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Complaining about YouTubers doesn't make sense. We now have thousands of gaming TV shows on demand, many bad, some good. Would you rather we went back to the days when the only video gaming content was Gamezville on Sky 1?
                                Yeah, admittedly, I thought Gamezville was trash and nowhere near as good as Bad Influence. Thanks to the power of YouTube I've been able to discover that Bad Influence was also terrible, I was just young and not so discerning.

Anyone remember GamesWorld on Sky? That was pretty good in an indie, Adam-and-Joe sort-of way until Sky started to become bigger and they tried to make it a bigger budget thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X