Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not like she turned to pron to pay for Christmas alone, she did it for work and it just happened to pay for Christmas.
    Such a heart-fluffing story for Christmas Eve.

Comment

I see what you did there.

Comment

I've put my back out.

Was sat on the living room floor at my parent's giving out Xmas pressies and I felt it twinge. Went to get up and it felt like elastic snapping.

Now sat, with painkillers, in tears of pain, waiting for lunch.

****e!

Comment

I finally went to the Japan Centre. Unfortunately, it seems that I went there about ten years too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
            I finally went to the Japan Centre. Unfortunately, it seems that I went there about ten years too late.
            Yeah. It's been rubbish for a while. Was better when it was a couple of doors down from Hatchards.

Comment

Had a nicer presentation for sure. Food area was more open and easier to access and there was decent seating and you could sit outside.

Still, if you're after a box of CalorieMate in central...

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a "foody" person in the slightest, so it was all a bit wasted on me. I'd hoped for a bit more in the way of books but the only ones I could read would've been the kind of "wacky Japan" dreck that Brian Ashcraft excretes every couple of years.

Comment

Mitsukoshi had a decent book section when I last went three years ago. I bought a Japanese book translating and explaining the script for Jurassic Park. They also had one for Alien but I know the JP script very well so it was easier to learn stuff using that.

I think Japan Center's 'book shop' became a few shelves.

Also check out the karaoke place on Brewer Street. That had a used book store in the front with cheap stuff.

Brewer Street also has two decent Japanese supermarkets. One is called Arigato. The other I can't remember but it was next to a restaurant called Ittenbari.

Comment

I reckon the Japan Centre's food section is a lot better these days than in its old premises. The book stuff is nearly non existent now but JP Books and Deluxe Dry Cleaners are better for that. Can't read any of it of course, but I do like to look. Must start Japanese lessons soon...maybe 2016 is the year.

Comment

I'm going to have to try, I think. I'd like to make my long-planned trip to Japan this year but I'd also like to pass myself politely, instead of relying solely on canned phrases from guidebooks that might sound a bit robotic. I'm not aiming for fluency but I'd at least like to appear to be well-mannered.

Comment

Our 15 year old cat has just been put down today, after a regular check up/ steroid and vitamins check up due to imminent kidney failure. He had a lovely last day on earth with a good couple of meals even though he weighed nothing and usually ate nothing and had a good sunbathe and brush by his mum (big mummy's boy.)

I was 50/50 he was not going to come home, I went to visit a friend whilst my parents took him, came back to them both distraught/ drunk as skunks with the news. Had a few glasses of wine to cope with them acting totally bonkers/ distraught as they spent no time trying to drown their sorrows but both in a nightmare state, especially mum lamenting about her mum's death last year and other crap that's going on in the family atm.

Trying to cope with both of them, obv my feelings on the subject are not even considered as they are both wasted. Upset obviously but too concerned they may possibly smash the house up/ set fire to the place which is always a concern with them both smoking loads in this state.

Feeling a bit **** tbh, I know tomorrow will be better but don't think i'll be let to have any sleep tonight.

Comment

[MENTION=16665]Blobcat[/MENTION] - sorry for your loss, that's tough to deal with on every front. Seriously dreading when my Labrador has his last day - I was in absolute bits when he had a potentially fatal stomach bug (weeks after having to take my parents dog in to be put down). Hope everyone sorts themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            Pre-emptive irk here but I got an Anniversary Edition DualShock 4 and there's a big scratch on the touchpad... and now I have to return it to ShopTo, for a replacement.

Eek.
                            I have just received my 20th Anniversary PS4 controller and same thing, medium-sized scratches on the touch pad. Annoying, but I'll live with it.

Comment

Lack of activity on here.

Pee parp.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about.

p A R p.

Comment

Working...
                                X