Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a new botnet sending out "invoices" with excel attachments with dodgy macros. I rarely get any spam, but it's arriving in all my different email accounts. Often 3 arrive at the same time with different names and subjects which is pointless for them because it's obviously spam. I'm irked that it's happening at all and irked that they are wasting their time not doing it "cleverly"

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
      Got home from work, my wife had prepared yakiniku meat for dinner, with a little electrical hot plate (stone plate above a heating element). She turned it on to warm up while I got out of my work clothes etc, then I sat down to eat. I was looking at this unusual pattern at the bottom of the hot plate, and wondering why the heating element was so low down... gradually dawned on me that she had placed the thing on the table upside down, put the stone plate on the feet it should have been standing on, and was steadily burning a hole through our placemats and tablecloth.I think I was quite justifiable in the way I freaked out, but now she's got the hump because 'I always make it her fault'. Gahhhhh
      Hah! I got blamed for turning the clothes drier off yesterday. Despite knowing not to touch it so I don't get moaned at!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        There's a new botnet sending out "invoices" with excel attachments with dodgy macros. I rarely get any spam, but it's arriving in all my different email accounts. Often 3 arrive at the same time with different names and subjects which is pointless for them because it's obviously spam. I'm irked that it's happening at all and irked that they are wasting their time not doing it "cleverly"
        I'm getting a few - a couple today but all with Word .doc attachments.

As for flying, love it. I like the planes too but not the queues as BK points out.
        Last edited by Anpanman; 03-02-2016, 20:28.

Comment

The last three posts in the smile thread are all mine, the first of which was almost a week ago.

Shame on you all.

Comment

Celebrity deaths, feels like they're becoming so common place we should just have one dedicated thread which would likely end up with near daily updates

Comment

Germany making threats of 'Trade Wars' if we leave the EU...

Not the smartest move.

Comment

Back to work tomorrow.

Comment

Bought a CD from hmv.jp which involved registering for a Lawson account and, in true Japanese fashion, had me subscribed to a bajillion email spamathons.

'No problem, I'll just unsubscribe', I thought, naively.

Get a message saying "thank you for your request. Please allow one week for the setting to take effect".

ONE WEEK TO UNSUBSCRIBE!

Comment

People with gigantic 4wd cars who clearly cannot park them, and clearly should not of purchased one in the first place when they live down a constantly cramped 1 way street that requires reverse parallel parking.

No, I don't want to watch you go for your record of 40 failed attempts at getting in the space. Yes, I am now blocking the space on purpose so the 5 cars behind you can actually go somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Bought a CD from hmv.jp which involved registering for a Lawson account and, in true Japanese fashion, had me subscribed to a bajillion email spamathons.

'No problem, I'll just unsubscribe', I thought, naively.

Get a message saying "thank you for your request. Please allow one week for the setting to take effect".

ONE WEEK TO UNSUBSCRIBE!
                      "cool off" period? You might change your mind!

Comment

Too many covers for this first issue of power rangers!

I really like the Janice Chu one and $9.99 isn't bad but $35 on shipping is insane...
                        Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 16-02-2016, 01:34.

Comment

Being off work since last Thursday and I've not been able to sleep in past 3am, damn body clock

At least the pooch gets an early morning race around the park chasing foxes!
                          Last edited by chojin; 16-02-2016, 06:40.

Comment

Moving home. I'd forgotten what a pain it is to organise for. Getting there though and each step is a step closer to finally being able to post in the dog owners thread

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Moving home. I'd forgotten what a pain it is to organise for. Getting there though and each step is a step closer to finally being able to post in the dog owners thread
                              I'd extend that to moving in general - though I guess moving is a "big thing".

Comment

I recently returned my iPad to factory settings and when I went to re-download my games off the App Store, not all were available. And 'No longer available on the App Store' means not possible to download again, even if you already bought it (unlike Microsoft, who will allow you to re-download titles, even when they have been removed).

I got in touch with apple support and they apologised for the inconvenience but recommended I get in touch with the developer. Very poor.

Luckily I remembered iTunes on the MacBook archives all apps and games bought so I was able to retrieve them. Without that though I'd have been minus a bunch of llamasoft games.

Something to be wary of.

Comment

Working...
                                X