Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filled entry forms for Japan...a bit of a pain as I had to dig up all the COVID vaccination certificates, but they give you QR codes that should quicken entry and custom procedures at the arrival airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
      People on eBay who state items are immaculate, or mint, yet one glance at the photos show it to be far from the case. The grumpy old man in me wants to message every one of them and give them a wee lecture. Or listing something and writing "brand new, only used a few times". Well it's not ****ing brand new then, is it? <and breathe>
      I bought a dewalt laser measurer last week, listed as new with stock dewalt pictures for the listing, turns up and it’s refurbished, no box just instructions and a new set of batteries. Im not going to brother sending it back as its a £150 model for £50 and is in good condition so the seller cocked up, so technically a win for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        People on eBay who state items are immaculate, or mint, yet one glance at the photos show it to be far from the case. The grumpy old man in me wants to message every one of them and give them a wee lecture. Or listing something and writing "brand new, only used a few times". Well it's not ****ing brand new then, is it? <and breathe>
        ...and that's me as well.

Comment

The new Wikipedia page layout.

Council tax, Sadiq Khan, Met police, TfL. Wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Comment

The state of NHS dentistry and oral health in this country now. It's been said its like a bomb that's going to go off. Can safely say that bomb has gone off and we are still picking up shrapnel. NHS dentistry will not exist in the future, thats pretty much set in stone now.

I've seen no less than 5 unregistered patients this week as an emergency that required more than 8 teeth removed, most of them more than 12. Before covid we got the odd 1 like this a fortnight or one in the practice a week but not see them personally but now its every day, usually our unregistered emergency slots are for kids who have broken their tooth that day, abscesses or a big chunk of them are students with wisdom teeth issues. No NHS dentist will take on difficult cases like that, it requires hours and hours of work and stress from a patient who, sadly, in most cases will not keep up their cleaning and are more likely to complain at the smallest thing so they wont be seen on the NHS.

So many younger patients with bad teeth clearly after drug issues, ive seen a 19 year old with only 3 molar and a 27 year old with more than half her teeth missing (wanted whitening but was not brushing her teeth). I see a lot but the very worst are parents who let their kids have multiple rotten teeth and blame their 4 year old for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
              The new Wikipedia page layout.
              Ha! I just thought it wasn't loading properly!

Comment

Just looked now, ew!

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                  Just looked now, ew!
                  ...is also what you say as you look in most patients' mouths!

It's really tough to make your kids brush your teeth, but we've trained the kids to ask Alexa to play 2 minutes of a song they like to try and get them into the habit.

You must have to remain incredibly professional when people ask why their teeth are falling out and they seem incredulous when you suggest not brushing might be part of the issue.

Comment

I'm three months overdue on seeing the hygienist for my teeth. Main trouble is that with every cost under the sun rising it's something that is easy to put off in favor of other costs but that being said I'm thankfully in the position that I'd been to the dentist around 6 months ago and had a full on cleaning of them and there were no issues with them, the hygienist appts were four follow up appt's over 12 months. Gonna try and book one in soon so that I can hopefully do at least two of them within the 12 month window and I've kept up the brushing/flossing routine so should be okay.

Comment

I haven’t been in 6 years, before that it was a 20 year gap, my teeth are basically granite, I’m super super lucky on that front.

Comment

Tiktok app today served up all the names of boardersdown members it could find to add as friends, despite being sandboxed as much a possible (even blocked on 1blocker). I don’t even use it daily, mostly for funny vids my other half sends but thats the final straw.

Complete security ticking bomb that app, even on ios its tracking EVERYTHING you do, say, location, the lot.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-01-2023, 12:25.

Comment

That is incredibly concerning considering it is the app of choice for teens.

Comment

It's absolutely reaping data from your phone. Its been shown to switch on the camera and mic without the app even being open. There's a reason the US want to ban it.

Comment

Absolutely it is, keep the app open and watch tv, minutes later you’ll get vids matching what you were watching as it keeps the mic on at all times.

Comment

I've deliberately not got Tiktok as I decided I'm too old for it, but am absolutely fed up of every other thing I use panicking and trying to serve me up their own form of portrait-aspect short-form video.Also baffled as to why it became so successful when the world already had - and became fed up of - Vine.

Comment

Working...
                                X