No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend works on the tills at the local Tesco and had a customer trying to get through with more than the alloted amount of items. She tried to be patient with him but he kicked off and threw the contents of the trolley around the store. Seems like if he couldn't have it no one else was getting it either. Scum.

Comment

I thought I was feeling a bit peaky, earlier. I'd had little sleep and physically exerted myself today too much in a too-warm Ellesse parka I got for like £32.99 from TK Maxx in like September.

Anyway, I had a simple cotton "ECKO UNLTD" T-shirt on underneath but this created what I call a "cold sweat trap". Big, warm coat keeps the heat in but it gets TOO hot. I forget it's March. It was an unpredictable day today but I got caught in that cold sweat trap...

...and that can kinda lead to snotty nose/catarrh/runny nose coughy stuff.

ESPESHALLY as it was so blustery and violent, weatherwise, this aft.

Anyway, am meandering, have forgotten the trail of this narrative.

But all I'm here to say is six 500ml cans of Hobgoblin and three 440ml cans of Red Stripe have COMPLETELY cured my ills.

(yeeeeeah, I might be dead come the morn but I think I'm still alive right now)

Comment

Interesting article on the BBC, questioning if the number of predicted deaths have been over estimated.

The rising number of coronavirus deaths is distressing. But what are the figures actually telling us?

I’m sure MartyG will love these stats!

Comment

Had to queue for 30 mins, for the second time at the local pharmacy to collect a repeat prescription that was ordered on Monday. (Only to be eventually told the stock still haven’t come in from).. Only letting one person in at a time. They have also stopped answering the phone too it seems. Poor staff though, the girl was wearing full PPE and there was only one pharmacist working. Imagine what it will be like in 6 weeks.....

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            Interesting article on the BBC, questioning if the number of predicted deaths have been over estimated.

The rising number of coronavirus deaths is distressing. But what are the figures actually telling us?

I’m sure MartyG will love these stats!
            I like the stats, but not the size of the numbers.

Watching the news this morning, the Doctors in Italy are anecdotally saying they're seeing more people of younger ages (30s & 40s) requiring intensive care. I haven't seen the stats, so I don't now how that banding is breaking down, but it does enforce the need for social distancing.

I had to go out for bread and milk this morning and even the smaller shops are running short now. The only bread I could get was this (still, no knife required) and I had the last 4 pinter of milk, fortunately dated 30th March, so that should keep me going for a bit. I might start drinking less lattes tho

Edit - been told by someone who works at a Tesco depot that they have loads of stock, but they can't get it into the shops shelves because the rate at which people are panic buying outstrips the available delivery drivers and trucks.
            Last edited by MartyG; 21-03-2020, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              I might start drinking less lattes tho

Were not savages Marty. Whats next? Cutting back on kobe beef?

Comment

Are you guys seeing parents for mothers day?

Comment

No-one at our Asda is using the self scan handsets even though staff are wiping them down before putting them back out. We've used a spare wipe as well and it's made life much easier as there's no queuing which seems a much easier way to catch it off someone.

Sat in town at the moment waiting on a small car job to finish up. Garage is dead so it shouldn't take long but in town the elderly just do not get it. All the little independent small cafes are open and full of old people herding to really give the outbreak some legs. Heard another woman arguing with her husband on the phone because he wants to take the family to the seaside tomorrow.

When the summer months are winding up this thing is going to roar back with avengence

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                    Nope. Not putting them at risk.

Comment

Do you really need 120 rolls of toilet paper? Find out here: https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/

Comment

Nope, going to call her on sunday and take her out for a meal when this all blows over.

Comment

Not seeing my parents as Mum gets colds and bugs quite easily.

Wife is talking about having her parents over but I'm trying to veto the idea.

Comment

Yes will be popping over to see mum for Mother’s Day (hey, I ordered and paid for the flowers weeks ago before all the lockdowns!) but probably not spend very long there, and no hugs. They plan to go into self isolation from Monday now they’ve accrued some supplies.
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Nope but it's here nor there for us with work still open, we'll be seeing them 5/7 days regardless

Comment

No, mine already dead, mother in law Japanese so her day not tomorrow unlike dads day as it's the same here and there.

Comment

Working...
                                X