No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go easy on the drinks and keep off any muck.

Comment

I get it. It's all a bit stressful. I think I got stressed probably earlier than some of you and have worked through a lot of right now, so I get the stress. I know what it can do and I think we're all dealing with it in our own ways and that just is what it is. You're right - it's a crazy time. We haven't had to deal with something like this in our lifetime.

We love you too, dude. We're all here for each other in our little corner of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Go easy on the drinks and keep off any muck.
        Not even on drinks, just one Phenergan I took 8hrs ago that didn't work, can't bloody sleep with my throbbing left big toe!!!

(anyway, don't mean to be a knob, love this place and wouldn't've been posting here for 14yrs if I didn't. And sorry to MartyG, too, I know you're trying to do a great job and you're managing to do that really bloody well).

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          My infected housemate and his girlfriend just strolled through the front door with shopping...

"We've got no food." Bollocks, we just don't have everything you want. "There's hardly anyone there." You're still spreading it about arsehole. You weren't even wearing gloves or a mask..
          Not picking on you here, but this kind of thing makes me even more anxious than I am already. I am already very anxious.

Comment

I've been self isolating for 25 years so it's not been much of a change - I'm managing the situation by learning as much as I can and looking at numbers, I like numbers, numbers make sense to me and I can see when rates of change lower, numbers increase less - this is good.

Yeah people are going to get stressed and freak out over it - it's all a bit unknown and frightning as our ability to personally control it is quite limited beyond doing our bit and staying home as much as we can - I'm sat in Borderdown's IRC chat through the day if people just want to say hi.
            Last edited by MartyG; 24-03-2020, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Member of staff flaked out on me today (for 12 weeks) as he had a letter stating he's a high risk group due to his asthma (he's been absolute fine the whole time he's worked for me) despite me stating I'm doing everything in my power to keep the company open and to make sure you all have work, just last night.

Oh well the show will carry on without him.
              What does your company do? Bit disappointing to see you refer to him as flaking out, to be honest. I'm just glad I am a teacher at this point and don't have to deal with private business politics and culture.

Comment

My boss is not happy about me working from home (completely non-essential office job) and is going through my desk and demanding I come back to work to look at papers. Was expecting I'd get most of my normal work done today, instead I'm having to speak to the union.

Comment

It's fair to say we're going to find out who the asshat employers are because of this - best thing we can do is shame them into line. Hope your union gives them good stab in the nads.

Comment

The government need to tell companies to close at this point. Theyve already said if it isnt related to food or medicine you don't have a good argument to open.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I’ve panic ordered a Chinese. I fear it may be my last for some time.
                      Isn't that how this whole thing started??

Comment

Don't want to frighten people, but knowledge is power. This video is worth a look as it explains the symptoms of COVID-19 and how it progresses - emphasising again why people need to stay home unless your outing is necessary

Last edited by MartyG; 24-03-2020, 11:16.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          It's fair to say we're going to find out who the asshat employers are because of this - best thing we can do is shame them into line. Hope your union gives them good stab in the nads.
                          I honestly think the only reason my team are still in the building is because nobody high up would assume they'd be stupid enough to continue pointlessly coming to work. We need to be shut down forcibly.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Not picking on you here, but this kind of thing makes me even more anxious than I am already. I am already very anxious.

No worries mate, not trying to freak anyone out or anything, just frustrated. We all hear about people like this, I just never expected it to be someone close to me.

Comment

My partners work closed today, she works for a window manufacturer. Building sites are closing and the parts and materials manufacturers have closed so they can’t make anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                My partners work closed today, she works for a window manufacturer.
                                Sorry to hear that. That must be a pane.

Comment

Working...
                                X