No announcement yet.

CoronaWatch 2019 - 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We (me, wife and kid) moved to Barcelona, Spain at the end of October 2019. It's really bad over here. Only super markets and pharmacies are allowed to be open. On Friday the nation was put in a "State of Alarm" status which means nobody is allowed outside unless they are going to a super market store or a pharmacy. Otherwise they could fine you up to 6000 euros worth.

We are working remotely since Thursday last week. Spain currently is the 2nd worst EU country to be hit by the corona virus after Italy. It is really worrying.

Some videos I found:

This street (La Ramblas) is London-type packed. It's hell on earth especially on weekend. Everything closed and not a lot of people around the streets, probably tourists

and another one:

Comment

Can we change the poll options to the old Bikini Status System? Defcon is for America. I feel if we get the right then the virus problem will solve itself

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        Part of me, thinks this has already been in the country for a good while now. My other halfs Dad was seriously ill in hospital with a mega high temp, and after xmas, my Dad did some work at a student house. Two chinese students had come back after the holidays, and the whole house came down with a chesty bug.
        That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Can we change the poll options to the old Bikini Status System? Defcon is for America. I feel if we get the right then the virus problem will solve itself
          Using RPN would solve it in an instant, and without the need for brackets.

Comment

So from not knowing anyone who's has the virus to two suspected cases in our office. girl sent home who had a dry cough and high temperature and a guy who's girlfriend has the same symptoms :/
            Last edited by Lebowski; 16-03-2020, 12:24.

Comment

Landlady and family are all locked down in their house with dry coughs. No way of knowing if it's the Cvirus until they end up in hospital though now.

Comment

I haven’t voted. But I’m a nurse and work for a Trust that is treating people with confirmed Coronavirus.

Went shopping on Sunday. Most shelves still well stocked but some items depleted. Like sushi. None to be found. If anyone has some that’s in date (or nearly in date) I’ll trade for toilet paper. I offer a very good sheet to sushi ratio. Hit me up if you wanna do a deal.

Also, my parents are both in their 70s and will probably start self-isolating by the weekend. This worries me. Not that they’ll get Coronavirus. It’s just that they’re more likely to die from killing each other if they stay in the same house for four months solid!

Comment

I work for one of the unis that has gone to 'virtual' teaching as of today. Been sat at home, set up a bunch of online lessons, teaching in my pants. Did a 'webinar' where only 1 out of 32 students logged in. Awesome doss, I'm loving it.

Comment

I've upgraded myself to Defcon 3. A friend who I share office space with, practically sitting opposite her, has got it. Uh oh. Last saw her on Thursday (I'm working from home from today). Hopefully I won't have contracted it.

Comment

Maybe Charles will hold a contest for who here gets it first.

Edit: Idris Elba has tested positive. Pretty sure he’s registered here under a fake name. I think it’s [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION].
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 16-03-2020, 18:07.

Comment

Look at the state of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Maybe Charles will hold a contest for who here gets it first.

Edit: Idris Elba has tested positive. Pretty sure he’s registered here under a fake name. I think it’s [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION].
                          Haha!

Tbh, thought I WAS coming down with something earlier. Went to doc's to have my dressings changed, then to the chemist, felt fine.

Get to Morrisons (not too busy) and as I was queuing, felt a horrid pain in my guts, had to run to the toilets and I felt AWFUL, sitting there drenched in cold sweat with a horrible urge to get stuff out and all I got was rusty water (soz, tmi).

Felt even worse when I got home, was curled in a foetal ball for 90 minutes with the odd dash to the bog for a few more rounds of rusty water.

Now, I feel bloody fine. Brilliant, in fact! Was SURE I'd got it as I was sitting wanting to die on that bowl...

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's all those weird pizzas you've been ordering Jazz, rather than anything Coronavirus related.

Comment

I'm reckoning it's that 4-pinter of semi-skimmed I got from the petrol station last night. Bit too creamy for semi, I'm sure it's a bit manky and it's dated to the 24th!

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post

Look at the state of this.
                                And that's how the world sees the UK abroad. Wunderbar.

Comment

Working...
                                X