No announcement yet.

United Kingdom VI: Summer Lovin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schools have been back a bit longer round my way and loads of kids are being sent for COVID tests. Most seem to just have the common cold though.

Comment

People are coming back to life according to the official figures.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Schools have been back a bit longer round my way and loads of kids are being sent for COVID tests. Most seem to just have the common cold though.
        Yeah, there'll be a lot of false positives; just because they've been split apart and are being thrown together again.

Comment

The Greater Manchester local lockdown is on... no off... no wait... it's back on

Comment

PMQs was a waste of time again.

Starmer asks a question about the constant u-turns and Johnson makes it about Brexit and calls Starmer an IRA sympathiser.
            Even the speaker picks him up about it and when Starmer asks for a retraction, Johnson never gives one.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              PMQs was a waste of time again.
              It's always been a waste of time - its only purpose is TV theatre

Comment

It's embarrassing as well because it shows that several months in Johnson still can't lay a finger on Starmer.

Starmer: "The response to COVID has been subpar and the lack of preparations for the winter season threatens to further cripple those in most need"

Johnson: "Yeah... well... yo' momma!"

Comment

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

Bank Holiday didn't stop the UK going back up to 1,508 new cases in 24hrs

Comment

The Bank of England has said that mass return to office working isn't possible.

And Boris refuses to meet with bereaved family members of COVID victims

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      https://www.theguardian.com/politics...p-legal-action
                      And Boris refuses to meet with bereaved family members of COVID victims
                      Johnson is saying he won't meet them until they drop the lawsuit against him/the Government, but I have a friend whose mother died of Covid and is an active member of the group asking for an enquiry, in fact, it's the lady interviewed at the top of the article linked, and she says they're not trying to sue, they just want talk so we can learn lessons to avoid future deaths.

Comment

^ This lie thrown out in desperation in PMQs yesterday was scurrilous even by Johnson's standards. He looked quite manic. Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a very public meltdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          Fingers crossed this is the beginning of a very public meltdown.
                          As if that'd make a difference in 2020.

Comment

I'm getting pretty desperate for this too, which seems pretty pointless when Johnson has dodged everything thrown at him from corruption to the unnecessary deaths of thousands of people.

I didn't believe for a minute that he was glamping in Scotland.
                            I really wanted the press to catch him stepping off the boat of the Russian oligarch who just-so-happened to be off the coast of where he was allegedly staying. Maybe with him with his new violinist girlfriend he was cheating on his fiancee with.

Ultimately, even if all this had come true, some people absolutely forgive him for his sins because he's pushing Brexit.

Comment

Yeah, I must admit I don’t get it when people talk about his mess ups leading to the Tories being gone because they won very definitively last time and were just as bad then. It’s not like they seemed great and then suddenly fumbled it after the last election. Everything they are now, they were then too. Whatever supporters they have don’t seem to care how inept, incompetent or flat-out cartoon bad guy evil they get.

Comment

I can totally see it now, by the time of the next election, Tory voters excusing their continued voting - "Oh, it was Boris that did all those things like care home deaths, Russian bribes and messing up exams, but he's gone now and that lovely Mr. Gove is in charge and he seems like one of us. Ooh, I do like him."

Comment

Working...
                                X