America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    The following footage shows people falling from the plane from hundreds of feet as it takes off.
    Please nobody post the footage here, but it shows how desperate people are to escape.

Comment

FFS. Just Googled Kabul in the hope of getting some news and the top hit is TripAdvisor telling me the top 10 Hotels in Kabul.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        The following footage shows people falling from the plane from hundreds of feet as it takes off.
        Please nobody post the footage here, but it shows how desperate people are to escape.
        Yep, just saw that getting reported. Assumed people would be forced either by choice or by windspeed to jump off on the runway but apparently not. Says just about all anyone needs to know about how bad things are about to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          This is what happens when you train and arm a militia force to harass the soviets
          Exactly. The US created the Taliban, quite literally, by funding and training them and giving them hi-tech weapons to shoot down Russian helicopters.

Here's a disturbing interview which sheds a little more light on it:

This is the guy:

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahiddin began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan on December 24, 1979. But the reality, closely guarded until now, is completely otherwise: Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention [emphasis added throughout].

Q : When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against secret US involvement in Afghanistan , nobody believed them . However, there was an element of truth in this. You don’t regret any of this today?

B: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter, essentially: “We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war." Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war that was unsustainable for the regime , a conflict that bought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported Islamic fundamentalism, which has given arms and advice to future terrorists?

B : What is more important in world history? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some agitated Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?
          Last edited by Sketcz; 16-08-2021, 18:28.

Comment

Didn't he write on grabbing land and countries as though it was a strategic game?

Comment

The taliban, just like terrorism, isn't an enemy you can conquer with force. They live on an idea. There is nothing stopping me waking up one morning and stabbing people in the name of something. And what drove me to do it won't end with my death, it'll only end in acknowledgement of the root idea.
              The taliban won because the idea was never defeated. People still believed in what they were doing and they kept on like a dripping tap in a bucket.

I don't know what my point is. Probably that guns, planes and bombs were never going to work there. It needed a slower progressive method.

Comment

The whole thing is too much for me to compute.

The West don't want the Taliban taking over.
                The girls no longer allowed to learn at school don't want it.
                The people clinging to planes taking off don't want it.
                The people fleeing with just the clothes on their back don't want it.

Yet, somehow enough people do.
                Enough people to conquer a whole country overnight.

I get the hatred for Blair/Bush but I feel calling for their heads is a very simplistic response to a very complex question.
                Will putting Blair on the gallows suddenly resolve everything? No.

I'm just trying to take in information about something I know very little about and try to comprehend it all.

Comment

The west should of actively gone after all women in the country and the generation of children that grew up around the occupation with fairness, equality, progressive thinking and education on the facts of what they were/still are being subjected too, not the boot and drones.

Want a good enducation without reprisals? Join us.
                  Want to become a doctor or politician? Join us.

Want to be stoned to death for having an opinion or being out the house at the wrong time? Join the Taliban.

Want to pump out kids at 13 years old? Join the Taliban.

Etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    I don't know what my point is. Probably that guns, planes and bombs were never going to work there. It needed a slower progressive method.
                    That's not going to make much money though.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                      That's not going to make much money though.
                      Nail on head. Someone did well out of that $2 trillion thats disappeared into Afghanistan, because it clearly wasn’t the actual inhabitants.

Comment

Years ago if you wanted to control the state, put children into perilous work, remove the rights of women and take over the lands of other people to force them to live by your beliefs you could just be a Christian.

Feels like Biden's just figured the US can't afford to weight out the lack of progressiveness in a moronic belief system. It's almost amazing any women are religious, gods are always a **** to them.

Comment

A lawsuit, filed Friday, alleges the Nobel laureate plied a girl with drugs and alcohol and abused her over six weeks in 1965

Bob Dylan is being sued under accusations that he drugged and abused a 12 year old girl in 1965

Comment

Not sure what to make of that, being over 50 years ago not sure where it could go

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              Years ago if you wanted to control the state, put children into perilous work, remove the rights of women and take over the lands of other people to force them to live by your beliefs you could just be a Christian.

Comment

Depp wins his second judgment out of the three so far, this time the battle was over whether to have next years big headline grabber libel case dropped which Heard had been pushing for to bring to an end Depp's efforts to sue her for $50m for defamation of character.

The judge ruled that the case is to continue as Heard's argument that Depp losing The Sun case evidenced him abusing her fell flat as the nature of the court cases were inherently different. The next stage will be the upcoming release of charity data evidencing Heard lied about donating her divorce settlement.

Comment

Working...
                                X