• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

America is in a dark place right now

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        America is in a dark place right now
        This stuff makes you wonder if it should be one country or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          This stuff makes you wonder if it should be one country or not.
          This stuff, and Taliban, makes me wonder if religion should be banned. Nothing has come of it apart from fear and war. And owning all the shops in Chichester which can't afford rent any more so they are all being replaced with coffee shop chains which is doomed to fail because there are hundreds of them already.

Comment

While I do agree that religon has way too much influence on people, I think that right now the American political system is being used by both parties to do exactly what the other doesn't want like two kids going "you're it!" "no, you are!".

Comment

The Taliban have announced that they consider China their closest ally, and are moving to consolidate their relationship.

I suspect though the only reason for this is that they know that China don't have an interventionist policy; like regardless of what the Taliban do in their own country, China won't intervene - but they will oppose any other country getting involved.

That's worrying, as it could make Afghanistan another North Korea.

Comment

And as always the west will roll over and take it like a dog whilst corrupt dictatorships continue to rise and consolidate their power. At this point a new axis of evil has a better coordinated plan of cooperation than the nations that consider themselves progressive. The 21st century isn't headed in a direction that is going to end well or without mass bloodshed at some point.

Comment

I think as much as China and more Russia like to tickle the dragons tail, I don't think either would want a full scale war. Its all about corporate wars and cyber war these days. Disrupt and disable rather than kill.
                  North Korea and Afghanistan offer China nothing. China certainly won't want a tonne of Heroin flooding their streets and what else can Afghanistan offer? They could sell them all the stuff America left behind I guess, but its not exactly black ops equipment.

Comment

I don’t think they need a direct war. They are doing a decent enough job at destabilising the west without one. If there is a war, I reckon it will be with that aim - bring the west into other conflicts, hopefully even with itself if that can be done (Brexit being a first step in that direction - took the UK rags all of about two minutes to start talking about going to war).

Comment

There was something in the radio about China wanting to buddy up with the Taliban due to lithium and the Taliban are very shortsighted and will cosy due to the short term cash it will bring in

Comment

So I just learned that Texas also rewards someone $10k for reporting someone seeking abortion!
                        Rape victims are going to be the ones getting charged and the rapist gets $10k!!

I guess it's more important for Texas to have 16 yo kids badly bringing up kids rather than getting an education.

Comment

President of TripWire Interactive (Maneater, Killing Floor, etc.)

Shortly followed by
                          Last edited by kryss; 06-09-2021, 02:21.

Comment

I don't like this. I am pro-choice but terminating a business relation that affects a lot of individuals with different ideas because someone doesn't share your opinion is wrong.
                            This topic is very touchy, and I can understand both sides of the argument, but shaming people out of business due to their beliefs (if not extreme) feels totally wrong.
                            Kinda strange to see someone associated to Maneater being pro-life though.

Comment

I guess this is a rare occasion that we should be thankful we live in the UK.

Comment

I could understand a pro-life stance if all Texans thought all life was sacred, but their love of guns says otherwise.

With 135 school shootings so far this year in Texas, 2nd highest after California's 164, it feels like they'll do whatever they can to protect the rights of an unborn baby, but as soon as it's out, it had better learn to shoot as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X