America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Token gesture. I'm not saying he should lose his shares etc but really, he's a co-owner so it's largely going to be for show and won't bring back lost business.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        He's entitled to his opinion, abhorrent as it may be to me personally. But considering the decision had already been approved by the Supreme Court, his tweet of support for it was hardly materially useful to the cause. Where it has had an impact is on is his own business, which his employees depend on for their livelihoods. And the impact has been significant.
        It's like free speech != free from consequences

Comment

Can one assume there were no women involved in the drafting and approval of the Texas abortion bill?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Can one assume there were no women involved in the drafting and approval of the Texas abortion bill?
            It’s Texas, you can assume correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              It’s Texas, you can assume correctly.
              Actually, there are women on the legislature - I saw this photo in and around the news:

Now, let me me be clear - that photo really makes me cringe, because it looks like they've had a whip-round the building and pushed their relatively few female members to the fore, as if to remind everyone that they do have women on the legislature.

I guess what I'm saying is that "men shouldn't pass laws about women's bodily autonomy" is absolutely true, but there's also a wider social issue that reaches beyond gender.

Comment

Funnily it's the sea of white faces that hits me first but even then it's blatant that like you say the women have been shunted to the front because none exist to the rear or the sides of the photo. It's a literal line of them put front and centre, such an eye roll creating moment. I don't doubt they believe in it though, white men might rule the US but they certainly don't hold a monopoly on crappy views with more than a fair share of women more than happy to sabotage their own gender for political point scoring. I'm sure Texas has the nations most robust and supportive assistance programs for unwanted births though!

Comment

Even shoving them to the front, there must be close to 60 people in that photo and just a handful of women. Signing in laws about women's bodies. It's a bad look. But then, they don't care a damn.

Comment

I'm almost at the point where you should not be allowed to be in politics and law if you are religious. Like Tony Blair believing we should go to war with Iraq and Kosovo because it was the Christian thing to do (fight the infidels) and God told him it was right after praying.

Comment

It's like the Top Gear audience where they push the attractive women to the front so we're lead to believe it's not all male-oriented.

Comment

The whole COVID/Brexit/government corruption thing is threatening to make me a bit of a misanthrope again.

Comment

Jamie Spears has submitted a motion to have Britney Spears conservatorship ended.

Whilst the Taliban have moved quick to cement the important issues and cornerstones of their new ruling government... banning women from playing sport.

Comment

In two weeks time all the cars from Mad Max: Fury Road will be auctioned

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/Auct...818.1631116581
                              Is this road legal? I can't see any licence plates, so maybe it's not suitable for my daily commute and I'll skip bidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/Auct...818.1631116581
                                Immediate large bid from someone in Kabul

Comment

Working...
                                X