America & World IV: Trump's Taxing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Oooooooh slavery, rich old white men definitely want that one back in, god wills it!
    It kind of already is at that point it used to be that you worked to have a nice life, yet in work poverty is a thing. Somewhere warm to live and food on the table should be the minimum. Their is a meme going around about how the life of the Simpsons is not attainable anymore. A low or non skilled worker with a 4 bed detached house, 2 cars and 3 kids on one salary!!!

This was how I grew up in the 80s-90s, my mum stayed at home and looked after my brothers and me and my dad worked for the post office, we had new cars every few years the latest gadgets and a 4 bed house.

we are now in a society that is fast moving towards home ownership for the select few, with food fuel and rents far outstripping earnings.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 04-05-2022, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Same sex marriage, easily. Religion is used as a crutch for bigotry all too easily
      Completely forgot about this as well, whoooo boy that’s getting banned as well.

Comment

Overturning gay marriage was in the 2020 Republican platform that Trump stood for re-election on. That and legal access to contraceptives are my bets on the next set of rights to be abolished.

Comment

I thought Handmaid's Tale was meant to be fiction, not a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            I thought Handmaid's Tale was meant to be fiction, not a guide.
            I thought Idiocracy was a comedy not a documentary, guess we were both wrong.

Comment

And outside of the trial

Facebook attempted to interfere with Australia's COVID-19 response in order to deliberately pressure the Government to change new royalty laws according to whistleblowers

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                https://www.wsj.com/articles/faceboo...d=hp_lead_pos3
                And outside of the trial

Facebook attempted to interfere with Australia's COVID-19 response in order to deliberately pressure the Government to change new royalty laws according to whistleblowers
                Well there you go direct evidence Facebook tampered with the process of vaccination, how many people did that kill? March in, shut them down, end of, new laws immediately to stop it happening ever again.

None of that will happen of course.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-05-2022, 06:52.

Comment

It's pretty depressing that apps are tracking data in menstruation logging apps and that's being sold on to 3rd parties.
                  Then it's chilling to think that information can be bought by people wanting to track who has visited an abortion clinic.

It costs just over $160 to get a week's worth of data on where people who visited Planned Parenthood came from, and where they went afterwards.

Comment

What did everyone expect would happen? If you’ve used any social media you’ve given them the keys to the kingdom, all the data they can eat from your device served up on a nice money shaped platter.

You all know what to do to stop it, but no one will, everyone’s addicts that can’t stop.

Comment

This has long passed the point where it feels like an obsession.

Comment

Need a new law that bans religious zealots from holding positions of power in politics. "Do you go to church every week and worship a being that is almost certainly made up?" - yes = next candidate.

Comment

Totally ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Need a new law that bans religious zealots from holding positions of power in politics. "Do you go to church every week and worship a being that is almost certainly made up?" - yes = next candidate.
                            Good luck with that, the nut jobs have got it passed as law to teach creationism in more than 1 southern state, their GAINING power again if anything.

You can’t even out reason or logic the morons either, because they have “faith”.

Its a literal Chewbacca defence.

Comment

McConnell barely hides his hand that a national abortion ban is on the cards

Comment

****ing insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X