• Show
Clear All

Overall summary of the respiratory viruses in circulation within the UK

08/09/2020 - Daily numbers of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital - 203
    08/09/2021 - Daily numbers of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital - 905

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

08/09/2020 - Daily numbers of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital - 203
      08/09/2021 - Daily numbers of COVID-19 patients admitted to hospital - 905
      Sadly I'm not sure it matters. The government's rode it out, now; too many people are just bored of COVID. People just change the channel when the news is on TV. If it's not them or theirs literally dying then they just want to be able to go to Premier League matches.

COVID should've started off with smaller, individual viruses and built up to a super-team of viruses, rather than going straight in at 19. It might've had more staying power. Same mistake as Warner Bros; didn't follow Marvel's example.

Comment

'We noticed, based on your photo ID and address, that you didn't declare who you voted for. We will therefore assume you did not vote for the Tory party. As such you will be forbidden from participating in future General Elections.'

And

'We noticed, based on your Photo ID and address, that you are not white. As such you will be forbidden from participating in future General Elections.'

Comment

I'll be interested to see when the complacency meets the decline in vaccine effectiveness and people start getting floored again amidst massive case numbers. The idea of keeping 100% of things open and it not causing issues is a lie and for the second Xmas running we've been sleepwalked into a winter crisis

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            "which will also help pay for a post-Covid catch-up programme for the NHS"
            How is it being paid for?
            From April 2022, national insurance contributions for employees, employers and the self-employed will rise by 1.25%, and there will be a 1.25% rise in dividends tax. From April 2023, while the rises will stay the same, the tax rise will be rebranded as a health and social care levy, which will appear separately on people’s tax records.

**** this bull****. We got mugged. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUKKBN1JD052
            Where's the £20bn we were promised by May for the NHS because we left the EU? **** you you useless ****s.

Also:
            "The plans place a cap on the amount individuals can spend over their life, with the taxpayer funding costs on top of this"
            So rich people won't have to pay proportionally to their income. TORY LIFE.

/me waits for someone to correct me
            Theirs a tweet doing the rounds which points out with this new Social care tax at 18 if you earn £20,000 a year you would pay an extra £100 a year where as a 65 year old mortgage free homeowner with a £50,000 a year final salary pension pays nothing. It's almost like their trying to protect their wealthy voter base who may need this care by getting people in work to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I'll be interested to see when the complacency meets the decline in vaccine effectiveness and people start getting floored again amidst massive case numbers. The idea of keeping 100% of things open and it not causing issues is a lie and for the second Xmas running we've been sleepwalked into a winter crisis
              "See! It WAS pointless getting vaccinated! Why did we even bother with lockdowns at all! I knew right from the start!"

I say this with absolute conviction because I'm seeing people saying this on Twitter right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                Theirs a tweet doing the rounds which points out with this new Social care tax at 18 if you earn £20,000 a year you would pay an extra £100 a year where as a 65 year old mortgage free homeowner with a £50,000 a year final salary pension pays nothing. It's almost like their trying to protect their wealthy voter base who may need this care by getting people in work to pay for it.
                So a new Poll Tax, but instead of based on address, its based on age. Nice one.

Comment

Yep, on the radio yesterday the host and a guest were musing that they agreed that it had been evidenced that the rise in cases outside of Lockdowns and the fall in cases when one was in place had simply been coincidental. It's amazing how long such nonsense can prevail and damning reflection of where voter stupidity feeds a corrupt system that knows how to manipulate that mindset.

A thinktank has reviewed the social care bill and agreed with commentators that effectively the NHS could and likely would swallow up all of the money leaving the social care sector with scraps yet again.

Whilst Javid has said he hasn't even considered the idea of a fourth lockdown to battle rising cases in the coming months, a stance that should surprise no-one

And a study has shown that the Government is dialling up efforts to abuse peoples sensitive data to nudge their behaviour

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Because the alternative is all to evident in other country's, take America you have massive problem with the cost of healthcare and the cost of medicine. So you end up with a situation where having a Baby costs upwards of $10,000+ and medical bankruptcy is an all to common term.

On top of this things like paying 10x what we pay for medication like insulin due to the fact their is no cap on what the pharmaceutical industry can charge! for a medication that is out of patent the costs is absolutely disgusting and is killing people over there.

I was recently watching an American sitcom where two people from the same workplace where having a baby at the same time and it was played for laughs that the non-management employee was back in work two days after they had a baby and couldn't afford to have their baby in a nice hospital, the manager could it wasnt funny it was just depressing.
                      America blah blah bollocks, apologies but it is always used and is a bad example as we all know how crap their system is.

Other countries do a better job, Japan has a part and part system, you pay some NI and then some of the costs of treatment whilst the government pay the rest, other's have a NI system that covers the basics but you take out insurance for the rest.
                      What about paying low prices at the point of service, 1p for every doctors visit but fine say a tenner for no-shows (this alone would generate between £154m and £3bn per year), a broken arm might be 10p a full cancer course might be £50 and so on. This example might not be workable but if someone as thick as me can come up with at least some semblance of an idea then surely all these Eton and Uni grads can think of something.
                      We only have '100' to play with, 12 of that has gone in NI with another 1.25 to come, 20 goes in PAYE so that's 33% gone.

You might be happy with your grandkids or their kids having to pay most of their income in tax but I don't. Give it another 70 years or so and people could be paying half their salary in tax and for me it's utter stupidity, at some point there will have to be an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        A thinktank has reviewed the social care bill and agreed with commentators that effectively the NHS could and likely would swallow up all of the money leaving the social care sector with scraps yet again.
                        Not sure that needed a thinktank - it's fairly obvious to anyone that can do basic arithmetic.

Comment

I don't want to defend the government as I truly loathe them with a passion, but this is indeed what they said. It would go to the NHS first to address something of the Covid impact, and would later be ring-fenced for social care.

Comment

This is were the PMs buddy announces he's created a new company called Social Care.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              This is were the PMs buddy announces he's created a new company called Social Care.
                              That's funny but unlikely. Consultants would get paid a few thousand an hour to contribute names like 'Socioplex' and 'Socientia'.

Comment

Care homes may shut down due to funding... as a result of the new passed social care bill

Comment

Working...
                                X