No announcement yet.

Little Things That Irk You IX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure I've done a similar post for the last few years.

Liberal Democrats' Caroline Pidgeon says mayor has 'magically' found 'pots of money that only a few weeks ago he was denying existed'

C***

"Of the mayor’s £37.26 Band D increase, £20 will go to Transport for London, £13 to the Met police​"

C***s and racist rapist / murdering c***s.

Comment

Khan regularly feels like a Tory masquerading as a Labour candidate because he wouldn't do as well in the former.

Comment

Facebook.

I know, I know but it’s really pissed me off tonight. I signed up to FB back in the day but deleted my account back in 2016.

However, during Covid lockdown, I signed back up, only invited close friends, family and any old mates who approached me for a connection. Honestly, it was lovely coming back and hearing from old friends.

But the algorithm on FB now only presents me with suggested groups, groups I’m a member of and completely bypasses my friends. You know, the reason I’m here!

Is there a way to get a feed where it is just updates from Friends and it bypasses all groups and ****? The reason I came to FB is to reconnect and keep in contact. I don’t want anything else presented to me!

Comment

Comics DC and Marvel comics in general, reboots retcons and just the sheer saturation. So for an example here are spiderman comics alone for the past couple of months
          Superior Spiderman
          Spiderman 2099
          Spiderman Unlimited
          Ultimate Spider-man
          Amazing Spiderman
          Miles Morales Spiderman
          Spiderman Quantum quest
          And i think there was more as well....and the same goes with DC and Batman to, also when you have a major event and it would be split over so many issues Like for example the Onslaught saga years ago which had Avengers, Xmen,Spiderman comics it just got very annoying.

Been sticking with Manga and Manwha as start at issue 1 and that is pretty much it and while you might get the occasional spin off comic and the creators may forget some continuity its so much easier​​
          Last edited by eastyy; 28-01-2024, 16:12.

Comment

Mother flipping last second bids on eBay, been trying for months to get a copy of Baseball Stars for the NGPC and I'm outbid at the last second every time, 5 times now I've gone up to what the last one sold for thinking I'm going to have success only for it to sell slightly higher every time.

It feels like all I'm doing is inflating the price and working against myself now

Comment

How grotesque, prevalent, and greedy UK tipping requests / expectations are these days.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                How grotesque, prevalent, and greedy UK tipping requests / expectations are these days.
                It's started to creep in, and yeah, it's annoying. We need to oppose it as a society or we'll end up in the mess the US is in.

Comment

Outside of places like TGI's that have always had it, if they introduce it at a business it's near certain to see that place losing our custom. No time for it at all.

Comment

Agreed (Asura and Neon)

A small personal positive...a local curry house I have frequented for over 30 years recently added a 10% discretionary service charge to the bill. Prior to that I would always leave 20%+, often more, I've regularly left £100 on a £75ish bill. Now they get that 10%, not a penny more.

Comment

Sponsorships in YouTube videos, now it really depends on what company they are sponsored from but i know when i see a youtuber hawking Raid shadow legends I know they have had to sacrifice some credibility for that as its not a very good game at all.

What brought this more to my attention was a guy i followed Edd china who was in wheeler dealers and does YouTube videos sporadically released a short video after a gap of a few months and it all it was is a sponsored vid for a company that looked a bit dodgy and of course people were not happy ....and then he quickly removed the video and said nothing about it.

Last edited by eastyy; 23-03-2024, 13:31.

Comment

The utter uselessness of parcel force and Royal Mail how antiquated it is compared to other companies. Tracking information is pointless as all you get is "item is out for delivery", can i get a time slot or rough idea of when the van will be in my area, nope "deliveries are made between 7:00am and 6:00pm" so just wait about all day for it, and often for it not to turn up as they just don't get round to you as their understaffed and are over stuffing their delivery routes.

If Amazon DPD, ect can give a guy in beat white van a phone app that lets you know how many stops away your item is and what part of the day it's turning up, why is our national parcel carrier so far behind in its tracking tech.

Comment

My recent experiences with DPD have been less than stellar too.

Comment

The rain.

Will it ever end? It's absolutely pissing down here again for what feels like the 100th consecutive day.

Comment

Me during the week: ugh, it’s 7, way too early, I can’t wait for the weekend so I can sleep in.

Me at the weekend: wide awake at 6am unable to get back to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                The rain.

Will it ever end? It's absolutely pissing down here again for what feels like the 100th consecutive day.
                                Oh it gets better, because of the water companies miss management of the reservoirs were headed for a drought and hose pipe ban come summer (despite record rains), can't make it up

Comment

Working...
                                X