Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday!

Comment

Saw some recent Ai Art of Spirited away where someone made live action representations of famous scenes from Spirited away and there was an overwhelmingly negative response to it. In the post a lot of people where pointing out that Hayao Miyazaki’ would hate this.

His response at the time of been shown an AI Animation experiment in 2016.

“I strongly feel that this is an insult to life itself,”
      he then went on to say

I feel like we are nearing the end of times. We humans are losing faith in ourselves
      It got me thinking, we may be able to have an AI that can mimic what a human can do for a fraction of the cost, but will we really be able to replace animation and art created by humans and the respect and kudos this talent brings, Not to mention the cult of personality someone like Miyazaki holds.

Comment

"Political Thinking with Nick Robinson" is currently on BBC2 (check iPlayer) and Sir Tony Blair and Lord William Hague are discussing about how the UK should be trying to be at the front of the AI revolution and we're falling behind.

It's an interesting discussion, for sure and they're suggesting the NHS could be improved with the introduction of AI.

As a side note, of all the jobs that will be replaced by AI, I'll bet you a dogecoin that for some reason AI never replaces the CEOs that introduce it to their companies or politicians...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
            I could totally believe that the plot for Despicable Me 4 was written by AI by this point.

Comment

I saw this in The Running Man.

Comment

Tyler Perry halts $800m studio expansion after being shocked by AI | Artificial intelligence (AI) | The Guardian
                Makes sense, why spend millions when AI can make your generic content for you

Comment

Check out this for some creapy Ai generated video!

Comment

So here's an AI story that sounds like a good idea: https://www.techradar.com/pro/ibm-ha...-it-in-your-pc

However, think about what this is doing for a second - it's a chip in the SSD monitoring what's being written to the drive - extrapolate if NintonysoftWarnerMount wins a court case that bans certain things, or even more underhandedly, pays a fee to say Western Digital to detect certain files hashes.

Discuss.
                    Last edited by MartyG; 06-03-2024, 07:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      So here's an AI story that sounds like a good idea: https://www.techradar.com/pro/ibm-ha...-it-in-your-pc

However, think about what this is doing for a second - it's a chip in the SSD monitoring what's being written to the drive - extrapolate if NintonysoftWarnerMount wins a court case that bans certain things, or even more underhandedly, pays a fee to say Western Digital to detect certain files hashes.

Discuss.
                      The idea of AI-powered viruses is kinda worrying. I've already had computer viruses, years ago, that were polymorphic - i.e. they could detect when they were being deleted and move or reconfigure themselves. That was a nightmare.

An AI that can do that with some degree of intelligence... That's worrying.

Comment

It's not about polymorphic AI Ransomware - this is an "AI" algorithm that's a chip on an SSD, looking for ransomware being written, i.e., detecting what's being written to the drive and stopping it from being written.

Comment

Which is fine as long as an AI-powered virus isn't faster or smarter than the AI built to detect it. Which may not be the case. But yeah, to your main point Marty, what are the chances of this data not ultimately being captured and sold off, regardless of whether it's related to any virus detection or not? On that site you linked, the next article it pointed me to was one that said there is no need for people to learn coding because AI will do it all. It's going to be a weird weird world when we just start handing over everything to AI. We'll end up with no real idea of what AI is doing or how to really do stuff and, at that point, we're completely at the mercy of AI and those who control it. Fun times.

Comment

We could just as easily get into a situation where Ai viruses are so problematic that they destroy the internet and online working as we know it now. Where closed of managed forks of the net are the only safe places to use, with mega corps charging high fees to use these curated "safe" spaces. I'd imagine the mega corps like Microsoft, and Google would absolutely love to have their own version of the net that you had to subscribe too.

Comment

Suno AI, a music-generation AI:

Suno is building a future where anyone can make great music.

If you're someone who makes music for, well, non-entertainment purposes - like you make music for adverts, or for other functional purposes - your job's in trouble.

Comment

Yeah, you'd think AI being used to read what's taking so much power on your PC or dominating the read/write processes would be really handy for users, but it'll totally be used to see what you're writing, to ensure you're using own-branded discs and the data is only stuff that's approved.

Every step of the way, this isn't going to further humanity, it's going to help businesses cut the costs of using real people.

At this point, you could get AI to write a novel, design the cover, compose the opening theme and then read it to you.
                                You'll have songs written by AI, then at some point the AI will use the AI as a reference point, thinking it's a real artist and we'll be left with music the algorithm thinks we want to hear.

The only examples of where man-designed AI then creates its own AI, which normally the human creators can't decipher is in The Matrix, The Terminator and Westworld...

Comment

Working...
                                X