Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezee, i genuinely do not think it is an overreaction. The foul on the last attacker (Keane I think) was possibly covered by Rio but it was quite far from him and Keane would be definite favourite to get the shot away (although, knowing keane he would have scuffed it). It was a professional foul.

Marginal decision that time but min Vidic was not really that bothered by the crumpled heap of Alonso and lead with his elbow straight into his head. He elbowed him at full speed basically - a red card offence. I actually really like Vidic as a player, strong and usually fair which is why I was surprised to see him do that. Alonso seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of dirt over the years (Lampard and Scholes spring to mind) - maybe he is very annoying?

I am happy to retract the statement if, when I watch MOTD they show it better than the two or three times i saw it.

Having now seen MOTD coverage, cannot say my initial reading has changed. As analysed on MOTD, NV was last man for the slide on Keane. Watching the elbow again, it still looks like a straight red. I think a two yellow ban is shorter than one for violent play. Seeing as Terry got a straight red for far less,it strikes me as a little odd.
    Last edited by saif; 14-09-2008, 14:18. Reason: watched motd

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
      He has only played one game. Any fan who was convinced by Riera would be stupid.
      Liverpool fans who question Riera are well within their rights to do so, given that he didn't pull any trees up at Man City and given Rafa's generally poor record in terms of signing attacking players (see Zenden, Gonzalez, Núñez, Bellamy, Morientes and Voronin).

But like I said in the last post, I felt that he had a solid debut. I liked the fact that he always kept trying to beat his opponent and his strength on the ball. I'm not sure about his general pace and creativity but it is early doors. I will say that with Riera at Left-Wing and Aurelio at Left-Back, it's the most balanced that we've looked for some time.
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 14-09-2008, 08:11.

Comment

Reira looked great in my opinion. He's got the cheek to skin players no problem. More of that please. Early days.

Comment

As a carry over fromthe MU thread.... who isour debt with? Is it still RBS oris itoneofthe (precarious) US banks?

Comment

?350m borrowed from RBS and Wachovia.

Comment

Action packed stuff so far, feel we could see a few goals tonight, and not sure they'll all be scored by the boys in Red. Marseille are looking handy on the break.

Comment

Gerrard's goal was astounding!

Comment

Was a cracker, the penalty re-take was a bit harsh, but he was cool as a cucumber slotting it home

Comment

ITV commentary as woeful as ever.

Shame about the finish. You know, that he didn't get it in.
                    Commentary for morons. It's tempting to watch the game on Sopcast so it's in Chinese instead.

Comment

Why don'tchya? You picky pie

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      It's tempting to watch the game on Sopcast so it's in Chinese instead.

Comment

Decent result I think. Marseille are quite handy at home. I thought Gerrard had totally spooned his effort from the original angle till I saw the net bulging.

That'll do nicely. PSV next, wrap that victory up, then onto the Atletico double. Win either of those and we should be almost guaranteed a place in the next round.

Comment

Yeah they were nippy up front. Ace result in the end. Really looking forward to the Atletico games. They're going to be tough games.

Comment

Ridiculous first goal. It just looks all wrong - I wish I was still studying aerodynamics so I could model that ball! I thought Stevie and el nino both looked a little off the pace to be honest. Was a great result but as a performance was a little lacking apart from the last 25mins of the first half.
                            I think we missed Xabi as we kept losing it in the middle. Babel is looking a lot better than last season or even last week. Since Riera has given some competition, he has stepped it up. Also nice to see him and Kuyt switching. Not been convinced by Dossena in any games so far - good defender in a basic way but lacks grace I feel. Arbeloa is rarely beaten so it is odd that the left feels a bit weak now.

Comment

I see Lorik Cana scored the first goal. He was the first player I managed to do the Captain your Country with in UEFA 2008.

Comment

Going to be a tight group this one, Athletico look pretty tasty.

Comment

Working...
                                X