Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gooners didnt quite get slaughtered then did they?

Think that a draw was a fair result, and both sides showed genuine title winning qualities. Anderson is an utter c*nt though.

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      The Gooners didnt quite get slaughtered then did they?

Think that a draw was a fair result, and both sides showed genuine title winning qualities. Anderson is an utter c*nt though.
      Sush..... just sush....

A draw was probabaly fair, even though arsenal only really had two real chances and happened to score them both. They probably had more possesion too but didnt manage to do much with it.

Anderson was good and showed his defensive qualities yet again, but his dive was hilairiously embaressing, Fabregas' reaction to it was funny too.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        A draw was probabaly fair, even though arsenal only really had two real chances and happened to score them both. They probably had more possesion too but didnt manage to do much with it.
        lol?

Arsenal had more shots on target, more off target and better possession. Man Utds first goal was 100% luck - Rooney scuffed the shot but luckily for him it bounced off Gallas' arm to change direction (and therefore beat Almunia). Not only that, but Brown (I think) fouled the arsenal player to get the ball in the first place.

Anyway, was a great game, great atmosphere where I was sitting (or, rather, standing)
        Last edited by Malavon; 04-11-2007, 18:04.

Comment

Almunia was in no mans land when Cristiano Ronaldo scored lol.

I'll look foward to when we play Arsenal at Old Trafford.

Comment

Originally posted by Malavon View Post
            lol?

Arsenal had more shots on target, more off target and better possession. Man Utds first goal was 100% luck - Rooney scuffed the shot but luckily for him it bounced off Gallas' arm to change direction (and therefore beat Almunia). Not only that, but Brown (I think) fouled the arsenal player to get the ball in the first place.

Anyway, was a great game, great atmosphere where I was sitting (or, rather, standing)
            Shots off target: Arsenal = 12, Man Utd = 8
            Shots on target: Arsenal = 6, Man Utd = 3
            Possession: Arsenal = 55.9%, Man Utd = 44.1%

Yup you are correct, but what those stats also tell me is that Arsenal didn't make the most of their chances and possession. I could say despite less possession and shots we were more effecient than Arsenal, depends what way you look at it eh? Let me throw another stat at you, Arsenal's tackle success was 65.2% whereas ours was a very high 82.9% which tells me we got amongst the Arsenal and made it very difficult for them to get any sort of fluency in their play. Arsenal had more shots and possession but it wasn't like they were all over us, we defended well and didn't allow Arsenal much space to play there usual game. Oh and if Rooney's goal was luck then Arsenal's 2 goals had some luck involved too. The first goal, Edwin made a decent save/block and it could have landed anywhere but fell in into an area where an Arsenal player was (Sagna I think). The second goal, the ball was bobbling about everywhere and anything could of happened but it resulted in a goal. Point is you need a little luck sometimes mate, but luck in a football is a result of some kind of decent play. For Rooney's goal, Ronaldo put his cross into a very dangerous area and same applies to Arsenal's equaliser, Clichy put in a very good cross. Finally maybe Brown did foul an Arsenal player in the lead up to the first goal but then we should have had a free kick for a foul on Saha just before Arsenal equalised, these things even during the course of the game and in this case it looks like they did.
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 04-11-2007, 18:27.

Comment

Get the feeling Arsenal were not only releived to get a draw on saturday but very happy also considering they were the home team n all that they didnt realy take advantage of that at all over 90 mins but you could say that was down to Man Us fantastic nullifying of there attacking players.
              Last edited by glazza; 04-11-2007, 18:44.

Comment

lol?

Browny was too strong for puny Pleb thats the bottom line of it all and in no way was it a foul.
                Last edited by glazza; 04-11-2007, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
                  Browny was too strong for puny Pleb thats the bottom line of it all and in no way was it a foul.
                  LOL so just because hes stronger that means he should get away with fouling people?

ezee ryder - good post, and yeah I think a draw was a fair result.

Comment

LOL so just because hes stronger that means he should get away with fouling people?

ezee ryder - good post, and yeah I think a draw was a fair result.
                    Wasnt a foul though simple as..although nout said about the foul on Saha that wasnt given which led to Arsenals equaliser.

Comment

lol?

Man U looked alot more dangerous going forward, Arsenal had a handful of attacks that looked mildly threatering. They just managed to make the most out of the two most dangerous ones but didnt do much else. Man U were unlucky on a few ocasions. Giggs would have scored with his near post effort where he was put off by crappy defending on any other day, though i guess any other day there would have been better defending too so maybe not, but there were a few other close calls. Arsenal had nothing close to a goal besides the actual goals they scored....... well besides that Evra moment.

As for Brown, hes stronger than the pathetic 12 year old arsenal players, big deal, get over it. Thought it was funny to see a profesional footballer charge in and be knocked out of the way so easily (and fairly) to be honest.
                      Last edited by rmoxon; 05-11-2007, 01:17.

Comment

Felt like the decisions evened themselves out as the game went on, with regards to fouls in build up to both goals. A draw was a fair result I thought. This was never going to be an open game since both sides knew the first team to play like that would've got picked off, so we kept it compact with Hargreaves/Anderson protecting the back-four - and doing a decent job of it barring the positioning for Arsenals equaliser.

Ronaldo was quiet. His goal the only noticable contribution he made I felt, tbh. He didn't get on the ball much and when he did, there were always three Arsenal players to shut him down.

On the whole, should've defended better since we let Arsenal off the hook twice and we really shouldn't be doing that.

Comment

Another win for us! 2-0, only seen the last 30 minutes of the game
                          but we were looking good for the whole time and Ronaldo looked gutted at the end not to get his hatrick.

Top of the league by 3 now, up to Arsenal tomorrow night to bring that back but they now have 2 games in hand over us. And Chelsea drew today which is also good news.

Comment

An excellent win against a side the others couldn't beat

Comment

Bloody hell, it's not looking good for us - we're losing 1-0 against Bolton!

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
                                Bloody hell, it's not looking good for us - we're losing 1-0 against Bolton!

Comment

Working...
                                X