Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Mcmanus is the new Cannavaro he would have snuffed out Ruud anyway :-) On a serious note surely Lee Naylor should be considered for an England call up that boy has been immense since he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by clnmckec
      Big Mcmanus is the new Cannavaro he would have snuffed out Ruud anyway :-) On a serious note surely Lee Naylor should be considered for an England call up that boy has been immense since he signed.
      Awh settle the **** down man... the boy had an immense game last night and has been superb all season but he is a fair bit off the quality of the likes of Cole, Baines, etc.

He has been a great signing and proved his worth ten times over last night but aspirations of an England call up are a wee too much I think.

Comment

A)He played at under 21 level and take baines free kicks/long range goals away and he would catch the eye so much.

B)I Have seen every home game and some away games he has played and feel better qualified to make the statement than an armchair fan. (last time you were in Celtic Park bros were top of the charts and Frank Mcavennie was doing the page 3 rounds!

Comment

Am sorry, I forgot you have to have a season ticket to be allowed to make valid statements about the team you love. Put simply, I would rather play the game I love than watch it, so I dont think that detracts from my love for a team.

Umpteen players are capped at under 21 level yet dont make the full international grade. The boy is a great player, maybe you missed my point about how he has been playing, but the fact there are better players in his position for England. Any full back that can score goals like Baines while remaining a fantastic defender is always going to go far so you can hardly say that is all he has.

Naylor is great for Celtic but IMO, not good enough for England.

Comment

We just gotta put this result behind us and focus on the Chelsea game now. And if we win that one, happy days will be here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
              We just gotta put this result behind us and focus on the Chelsea game now. And if we win that one, happy days will be here again.
              Correct, Mourinho is playing it down already but it is a crucial game and will go a long way to deciding the league winners, am looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                Correct, Mourinho is playing it down already but it is a crucial game and will go a long way to deciding the league winners, am looking forward to it.
                Mon the chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                  How can you say Man Utd haven't missed him that much when, looking at last night for instance, there was no attacking options other than what was already on the pitch. Man Utd are on good form in the league, yes, and have been scoring well, yes, but in Ruud they had a proven Champions League standard striker and to sell him without replacing him with similar quality is not good enough. A mistake that has never been more apparent than it was last night when Oshea and Evra came off the bench. In losing Ruud Man U gave up possibly one of the most lethal Champions League scorers of all time and did not replace him.

You are right, I cannot say 100% Ruud woud have put that chance in, but given his mentalty and the type of player he is IMO, I think he would have. My main point here is that Man U lacked any cutting edge last night and it is a cutting edge that a player like Ruud can provide. To lose that and not get a replacement is not good enough for such an ambitious team.

The Ruud issue aside, Man Utd lacked attacking options and they paid the price.
                  Well my point was that they had Ruud last season and he didn't seem to help. Which you in a way agreed with, see the later post by Bleeders which was spot on. I totally agree with that sentiment. Ruud from a few seasons ago would be sorely missed, but the one playing last season, I don't think they miss him as much.

edit: case in point, they seem to be doing better in the league compared to last year and the CL performance is more or less the same, decent at home and piss poor(sorry Man U fans not meaning to offend) away. This is the effect it has had.
                  Last edited by Zapp$ter; 22-11-2006, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Kongster
                    Stop trying to get back on topic! I'm enjoying this! :P

Comment

Strange double post. No idea how I managed that. Mods delete please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
                        Well my point was that they had Ruud last season and he didn't seem to help. Which you in a way agreed with, see the later post by Bleeders which was spot on. I totally agree with that sentiment. Ruud from a few seasons ago would be sorely missed, but the one playing last season, I don't think they miss him as much.

edit: case in point, they seem to be doing better in the league compared to last year and the CL performance is more or less the same, decent at home and piss poor(sorry Man U fans not meaning to offend) away. This is the effect it has had.
                        I didnt say they didnt miss him last season becasue they did... what Man U lack is a striker who is up to the standard of Ruud when he is playing well. Thety didnt have it last year and paid the price on all fronts but he in him they had the potential for a world class striker if he was at the top of his game.

Man U were at their strongest when Ruud was firing on all cylinders and they aint had that for a few seasons, but they have done nothing to fill the gap that his drop in form and subsequent departure has left.

The problems started long before he moved BUT at no time has Man U tried to rectify this problem. A champions league standard striker is something they REALLY need.

Comment

Originally posted by clnmckec
                          Thats cos hes playing in a poor league,he was crap all the time i seen him play for Wolves in the Championship and like its already been said theres far better players in his position to be anywhere near an England call up.

Just my opinion of course

G.

Comment

well seemed to look ok against the so called cream of the UK and as i have said before Celtic would finish top 6 in the EPL easily and after 2 seasons of the TV money and enhanced sponsorship deals (dont forget our fan base worldwide rivals Man Utd and easily passes any other club, i think we would be top 3 Celtic are a HUGE club

Comment

I think Celtic would do well to finish in the top half of the EPL, let alone the top 6.

Yes, they have an impressive record at home, but somehow I don't see them raising their game for 38 matches throughout the season and going to places like the Reebok or Stamford Bridge or even OT and getting a result, only my opinion mind.

Comment

people are dreaming celtic were useless the other night, they got what i call a lucky win, completely against the run of play.

Comment

Working...
                                X