No announcement yet.

England Team Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Panorama report wasn't the reason we failed, but it certainly gave Blatter and co. yet another excuse to deny us the tournament. As has already been mentioned, it's been reported that Blatter went out of his way to remind delegates of Panorama before the votes were cast...

Comment

Exactly ... an excuse, not particularly a reason. Panorama gave Twatter a stick to beat us with, but he already had the cannons lined up.

Comment

I agree, and sadly as long as he's in charge at FIFA, and as long as the organisation stays in it's current format, then I don't think we"ll host another World Cup.

The fact that Spain (albeit in a joint bid with Portugal) came second in this vote, and they've already held the tournament in '82, just about says it all really!
        Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 02-12-2010, 16:37.

Comment

I hate that other mush too, Warner. What a little dickcheese he is. I remember Panorama doing a reveal-o on him years ago, and if just one of the things they asserted is true, then he's a corrupt scummer.

That's one of the things Keane got right up here - he referred to Warner as a 'disgrace' and a 'clown'.
          Last edited by prinnysquad; 02-12-2010, 16:40.

Comment

None of us will live to see a world cup in England.

That's very depressing

Comment

Joao Havelange, who was the FIFA president before Blatter (and who I think is now honourary life time president or some such bollocks!) has always been linked to corruption and he's still very influential in the halls of FIFA.

Comment

Sadly smurf, I think you're spot on. I can easily see the 2026 tournament going to Australia, then in 2030...who knows, Greece, Switzerland, Morocco, Canada?...all these countries have never held a tournament and all have bid unsuccessfully since 1986 on and off, so from a 'Legacy' BS point of view they match the criteria...

Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 02-12-2010, 16:50.

Comment

The Stadiums are in place, the transport links are fairly decent and the crowd control methods in England are much better than in other countries. But clearly all that and more wasn't quite enough.
                  Last edited by Kongster; 02-12-2010, 17:00.

Comment

We've the stadia, the transport, the fans backing , the technical know how, the passion, the history, the organisation...

Apparently only one person in FIFA actually cared about that enough to vote for us.

I really want the FA to do something about this.

Demand an investigation, pull out of any non-essential friendlies, remove all perks from visiting FIFA members

Comment

Why are people so bothered by this, most of us spent the summer moaning how crap the last one was.

Im glad somebody else got it as as I'm already forced to pay for an Olympics i didnt want (think it's about £100 of my council tax a year for god nows how long)

Good riddance to it.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                        Demand an investigation, pull out of any non-essential friendlies, remove all perks from visiting FIFA members
                        Get Panorama on the case.

Comment

Jesus!...there's a bloke form Fox Australia on Sky Sports now, talking about how Twitter were telling the world the winners of 2018 and 2022 up to 90 minutes before they were officially announced, and that FIFA's security is a joke!

...but come here, there's more...he's also saying that there will be serious consideration by FIFA, before the 2022 tournament, to move it from the summer to the autumn to avoid the 45-50C heat, thereby buggering the start of the world's biggest leagues: Prem, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc.

I think David Beckham's comment this evening pretty much sum up the sad, farcical events of this afternoon, "It does make you wonder if we haven't won it this time whenever will we get it."
                          Last edited by Spooky Mulder; 02-12-2010, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by merf
                            Why are people so bothered by this, most of us spent the summer moaning how crap the last one was.

Im glad somebody else got it as as I'm already forced to pay for an Olympics i didnt want (think it's about £100 of my council tax a year for god nows how long)

Good riddance to it.
                            We're bothered because the last world cup was crap.

We could've had a world cup that we could all have enjoyed without spending £2000 and we're now going to have at least one more crap one in a tiny dessert country that flogs homosexuals?

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              I'd love to know how all these bent foreigners and two bit countries got in charge of the modern game that we invented. That's the main problem.
                              Spot On

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                                Im glad somebody else got it as as I'm already forced to pay for an Olympics i didnt want (think it's about ?100 of my council tax a year for god nows how long)
                                Would that be the same deal. Almost all the Stadium are in Place, and our Police well used to Policing Huge international games . I'm pretty sure the WorldCup would pay for it self here .

And I'm pissed because we could put on the Best World Cup around and I might get to see a World Cup game on my door step in my life time, instead of watching it on TV . If we had a poor bid I could take it better

Comment

Working...
                                X