Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powkisser View Post
    i too will be supporting Southampton tonight..
    Yeah I think West Brom should go up but I'd rather see Leicester go down than Wednesday and Saints, so I'm hoping for a Saints win tonight. Plus it will save Seany from a heart attack.

Only 6 days left and the pantomime that is this seasons Championship will finally be over.

Comment

Arrrgh a draw. Didn;t watch it as I went to bed early as had to wake up again at 11.45 to go to town and get GTA. Listened to some on the radio, sounds like we were unlucky. nice to see Lallana score, he is going to be a great player.

I can see us doing the Blades on Sunday. Hopefully it will relegate anyone except Wednesday.

Comment

You fools!!

Oh well. If West Brazil fail to beat QPR on Sunday and Joke win then, insanely, Joke will be champions.

Come on QPR!! Come on the Ipswicks!! Come on the Joke!!?

Comment

Come off it son, a draw away to the best side in the division? That is a great result in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
            Come off it son, a draw away to the best side in the division's history? That is a great result in my eyes.
            It was. You can't expect supporters of carthorse teams to appreciate the champagne football uncorked in the Tesco coloured of the Black Country this season.

Comment

I just read this on the BBC 606 site, it sums up football perfectly, very frank! Who needs the Premier League!

I liked this bit "You?re up. You?re down. You?re almost safe. You?re doomed. You need someone else to win. They lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Stroppy View Post
                It was. You can't expect supporters of carthorse teams to appreciate the champagne football uncorked in the Tesco coloured of the Black Country this season.

LOL great stuff.

Championship football is ace. People talk about your Premierships and your Champs League but no fan can say they have lived until they have seen Chris Lucketti kick the **** out of an opposition striker for the full ninety on a ****ing cold monday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post

Championship football is ace.
                  Make the most of it, it could be your last.

Hooooooooooom!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hogg View Post
                    Make the most of it, it could be your last.

Hooooooooooom!!
                    I think people seem to appreciate the Championship more when they've:
                    A. Been fighting to stay in it
                    B. Been in League One for 3 years after a successful history
                    C. Support Derby County and you're sick of being laughed at. (lol)

Comment

I was really proud of my boys Monday night. We were so close to pulling off a famous victory. A Point though is not half bad considering we were playing one of the best teams in this league. I thought we really got stuck in and defended ever so well at times and our keeper pulled off some top saves. It's a shame we have left it so late to play like this. Credit to big Nige too for swapping John and Saganowski (What has happened to him? He is so poor now) with Wright Phillips and Lallana (Looks to be something rather special) as it really injected some much needed pace up there.

So Sheff United on Sunday. I'll be there. Another Performance like the other night and i'm confident we will get something from the Blades. For once i'll be cheering on scummy Stoke to win their game.

I can't bear the thought of us being in League One.

Comment

Hey, you failed to do us a favour (beating WBA), I fail to see why we should to you one!

Comment

Heard today that James Beattie might miss Sunday's game due to injury. Get in! I like to think that James is doing this as a favour to Saints, although in reality it is probably paper talk and he will play.

I like Beattie. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff he has done for charity and still regularly visits the family of a little girl in Southampton who he raised money for (sadly she died), and when he got married he asked that all guests contribute to a fund in her memory, rather than give him and his missus presents. What a guy.

Not like Kevin Phillips who left us with the parting shot that he "never wanted to be there" - ungrateful c**t. Still, I laughed when his wife cheated on him during his time at Saints - apparently she was getting knobbed off a window cleaner. Or was it double glazing bloke? Might have even been a plumber.
                          Last edited by Big Seany; 30-04-2008, 16:00.

Comment

Leeds decision at 5pm today. I hope they don't get any points back but I expect them to get five.

Lets just hope our players can finally get to lift the trophy in whats been a farcical end to the season.

Comment

I will have my fingers crossed for you lot Herbs. If they end up in any way scuppering the hard work Martinez and the boys have put in this season I will be well pissed off.

It has been confirmed in some papers today that Beatts is definately out and The Pigs will be playing John Halls and Billy Sharp up front. Gives us hope. Come on you reds!!

Shame I can't go along to the game. Will have it on the radio, mind.

Comment

I'm off down to the City Ground on Saturday in hope of gate crashing the last auto spot. If Leeds get these points back it will ruin the whole day for Donny, Forest and Carlisle.

They'll be no point turning up.

Comment

Working...
                                X