No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Brunt looks set to leave the Owls as we have accepted a 3 million pound bid for him from West Brom. It's a shame as he is a class player, not the finished article but a class player.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
      Chris Brunt looks set to leave the Owls as we have accepted a 3 million pound bid for him from West Brom. It's a shame as he is a class player, not the finished article but a class player.
      Shame. Bloody hell mate, from optimism pre season, our teams are staring a **** season full in the face right now innit? Bloody football. It is the hope that hurts me, the damn....hope. Gahh.

Comment

It's always premature to forcast doom and gloom at the very start of the season but we seemed to have stood still over the pre-season while other clubs have made real progress. There is also a chance that Reading will bid for our player of the season Glen Whelan. Losing him, as well as Brunt and McLean, would be a huge blow.
        The word on the street is that Seth Johnson could be the man to replace Brunt, this doesn't fill be with confidence as, like Jeffers, we seem to be signing players who haven't performed for a few seasons but are selling our inform players.

Comment

Forest vs Leeds at the City Ground tomorrow. Probably the biggest game in League 1 this season (no disrespect to the other teams).

Forest have played 3 games so far this season and they have all been 0-0, where as Leeds are banging the goals in. I'm not very confident.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
            Forest vs Leeds at the City Ground tomorrow. Probably the biggest game in League 1 this season (no disrespect to the other teams).

Forest have played 3 games so far this season and they have all been 0-0, where as Leeds are banging the goals in. I'm not very confident.

You were not very good last weekend. If it wasn't for you're keeper it would have been a cricket score.

In the words of our new keeper

''Forest should get the hell out of here quickly because they must be feeling ashamed after getting hammered like that,'' claimed Swansea goalkeeper De Vries.
            ''They celebrated like they had won the Carling Cup and I suppose if a draw is what they came for they've done well.
            ''But we hammered them - they had one shot and didn't do anything else in the game - and if we keep playing like that I know the points will come our way.''

Legend

We have to win on Saturday, we are playing so well but the luck just isn't there. In the two league games so far we have created 33 chances.

Comment

LOL at De Vries opening gambit!

Tricky game against Stoke for us this weekend, Can't see us winning or even getting a result, tbh

Comment

Tru without Jones too looks like hes become too big for his boots.

Never shouldve sold Dexter.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post

I'm backing Leeds mate and i'm not confident either despite our good start. Looking forward to it though, it'll be a flash back to better times for both of us I imagine and i'm quite fond of forest having lived in Nottinghamshire for 20 odd years before moving yet again .

Comment

Played Wednesday! Thanks for ruining my breakfast from 10 000 miles away. 2 nill up and still manage to lose!

Comment

Wasn't sure where to talk about tonights Carling Cup fixtures.

The Swans are at home to Reading tonight, I expect us to push them close. Its a shame that Ferre Bodde is unlikely to play as he is a class act who wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership.

btw congratulations to Lee Trundle for his two screamers on the weekend, hopefully he can bag a hatfull and further his career. I don't like seeing him in a Bristol shirt though, its like seeing your ex with their new boyfriend.

Comment

Watford have just announced that they have signed Nathan Ellington for a club record 3.25m. Have to say I'm really impressed with this signing. Am hoping for at least 35 goals between him and Marlon King this season.

Comment

Port Vale 0-2 Forest

Yes! We've finally got our season going with our first win. Woo!

Comment

Two wins on the bounce for mighty owls! Our worst ever start to a season and we are only 2 points behind the pigs! Thankyou Southampton.
                            think our run (if you can call it that) will end on tuesday when we go to Watford. This will be my first ever visit to Vicarage Road so I am quite looking forwad to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
                              think our run (if you can call it that) will end on tuesday when we go to Watford. This will be my first ever visit to Vicarage Road so I am quite looking forwad to it.
                              Did you enjoy it? 25mins in at 2-0 I thought it would be a whitewash due to a combination of Watford playing great football and Sheff Weds playing like a girls under 12s team (on a bad day). As soon as Wednesday scored though we looked like we would throw the game away and spent most the 2nd half hanging on to the win. Still, 3 points, and another 3 this weekend against Scunthorpe so can't complain

Comment

Fook me we were absolute ****e again tonight; I'm struggling to remember a match where we played this badly.

Although I admire Grant's passion for the club and his desire to see us do well, its clear he's out of his depth and has to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X