No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of big games this afternoon. Southampton can make their automatic promotion almost certain if they hold onto their lead (they'll leave Huddersfield needing to overturn a 20 goal difference), and we have both Cardiff and Norwich playing (first is live on Radio Five Sports Extra, the other on Radio Five itself afterwards)

[edit] Cardiff 2-0 down to Boro already. Oh dear, was hoping to get Norwich in the playoffs...
    Last edited by Flabio; 02-05-2011, 16:30.

Comment

Just need Pompey to win later and the Swans have a shout of automatic next Saturday.

Comment

The most amazing of scenes at Cardiff, then. What the hell happened?

I think you're being a tad optimistic tbh, Herbalizer

Comment

My missus is a very happy Boro fan tonight

Comment

Boro were a completely different team to the one we hammered a couple of weeks back. I'm hoping Norwich don't win so that Saturday's game against Cardiff actually has something riding on it, don't think I can be arsed with a 200 mile round journey to watch a nothing match.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              My missus is a very happy Boro fan tonight
              She's not as happy as me. Fact.

Back in the promised land!!

It's like .

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!

Comment

Plough Boy, how has Pacheco done since his loan from Liverpool?

Well done to Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock View Post
                  Plough Boy, how has Pacheco done since his loan from Liverpool?

Well done to Norwich.
                  He's been used as a super sub late on in games.
                  He's impressed to be honest. Shown some nice skills and managed to bag a goal in the derby game vs Ipswich which always does wonders to endear you to the fans.
                  The Barclay End chant for him so he's done something right.
                  Were we in a worse position he would probably have been used more but Holt and Jackson have done the business since he joined so he's never seen decent minutes.

Comment

Congrats to Norwich - they deserved to go up.

Also congrats to Boro, quite funny seeing a ton of Cardiff fans leave the stadium after 20 minutes

Comment

Shame we've still got this silly thing hanging over QPR. Can't believe they've known about it for so long and they're only going to announce the outcome the *day* before the final match of the season.

If it's a points deduction, then the playoffs will be delayed so that QPR can appeal it.

Be just Forests bloody luck to end up having to play a pissed off QPR instead of a demoralised Cardiff in the semi...

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post

Not sure about the foreign players and shareholders argument from a Cardiff fan, who owns Cardiff and how many welsh in the starting 11 ?
                        Pfft you also forget I'm a QPR fan :P another team that's full of foreign players and staff (and that's never bothered me, though it might us land us in trouble ) , and I'm not the one the that's arguing for a 'English' only league , so your point is rather pathetic and mute . All I'm saying is the Welsh clubs have every right to be in the league, just as much as all the other teams that happen to be in it , Unlike the Scots, it's one of the few things we've done right
                        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 03-05-2011, 15:18.

Comment

Congrats to Norwich, fantastic achievement to win back to back promotions all the way to the top flight. Quite like Forest to come up with them as that'd be two away grounds I'd really like to go to.

I would say I'm glad about QPR coming up as it's another London ground that'd be easy to get to (actually about half the distance away from me that Spurs is!) but that seems to be hanging in the balance at the moment! Agree with Flabio about the timing, farcical that it could take so long for a decision to be made about what the punishment will be.

Comment

you seem quite angry, oh and its moot point, not mute.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              you seem quite angry, oh and its moot point, not mute.

I'm not angry at all Just finding issues with people who want an 'English' league, yet have no issues with their team competing in a 'Champions' league while not champions, no issues with 'foreign' owners, managers and players in an 'English' league and for their Club.
                              Oh and if we want to be funny, its not the Konica League of Wales... but that's not really worth getting angry over

Comment

Some of the best games of football I've ever seen were League of Wales games. A proper football league.

Comment

Working...
                                X