No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 5-2 away to Yeovil was after we'd won the home leg 2-0. I was in the pub with a load of people from work as well during that one. Painful memories

Comment

Other way round - you won the away leg 2-0 then got beat at home in the second leg 5-2 (AET)

Comment

Ah yeah, thought it might've been that way around but wasn't certain. I think I blocked a lot of it out.

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna get tickets for the home leg. It's a welcome change to be playing at home first but I think this time i'm not gonna get my hopes up and just going to see what happens.

Swansea have been scary good this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
            Can't see Cardiff losing to Reading over two legs, their strikeforce should see them through.
            Wouldn't count us out too quickly - in our 2 games v Cardiff this season we drew at home after Cardiff scored a 'goal' which didn't cross the line (apparently, i could confirm from where i was sitting but looked like it bounced on the line then out). In the game in Cardiff we drew 2-2 after a Bellamy 97th minute equaliser. Not saying we'll win, i don't have a huge amount of confidence after 4 failed playoff attempts but still, if we have a fully fit squad then our attack is not something to be dismissed lightly.

Comment

Shhhhh. It's all part of my reverse psychology

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                Wouldn't count us out too quickly - in our 2 games v Cardiff this season we drew at home after Cardiff scored a 'goal' which didn't cross the line (apparently, i could confirm from where i was sitting but looked like it bounced on the line then out). In the game in Cardiff we drew 2-2 after a Bellamy 97th minute equaliser. Not saying we'll win, i don't have a huge amount of confidence after 4 failed playoff attempts but still, if we have a fully fit squad then our attack is not something to be dismissed lightly.
                No Andre Bikey to go mental this time though!

Reading are the only playoff side I didn't see at Turf Moor this season, and to be honest none of the other 3 really impressed me. Reading v Forest final IMO - in a selfish way I hope Forest don't go up as it is quite a local away fixture for me

Comment

AFC Wimbledon vs Luton in the conference playoff final then. Luton are probably more deserving, they were skanked really badly with insane penalty points to put them down in the first place, but the romantic in me would love to have Wimbledon back in the league again...

Comment

So, Forest can't score at home agaisnt a team that plays 88 minutes of the match with 10 men...

I sense a mauling coming in the away leg on Tuesday...

Comment

The sending off spoilt the whole game. It was a rash challenge but it had no malice or pace to it, should of told him to calm down and hand out a yellow card. Still what do you expect from Mike Dean.

Comment

I went to the game last night, was pretty gutted to see a man sent off so soon after a five hour journey, I thought we were going to get taken apart. We played really well though and in the first half you would have thought Forest had 10 men. All to play for on Monday now.

Comment

I went to the game too.

Soon as the red card came out all the Forest fans went mental. I felt like the only one thinking that this will work against us because Swansea will see the first leg in a different light and just try to defend the 0-0 in hope of winning it at their ground.

All this talk about us not doing the business against ten men is seen as a missed chance. We were basically up against a very good defensive 4 man midfield and 4 man defence with the only man you lost was a striker.

Well done Swansea it's yours for the taking.

Looks like another play-off failure for Forest with the only thing working in our advantage is the pressure isn't on us for a change, but I really can't see us it at Wembley on bank holiday Monday.

Comment

Urgh, that match tonight was a terrible listen on the radio. Really dull.

Comment

Yeah, it makes you think what's the point in making the play-off semi-finals a 2 legged fixture when there's no away goal rule, it just makes all of the teams have the mentality of 'getting the first leg out of the way'

Comment

Maybe the semis should just be one off matches, home advantage goes to the team that finished higher in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X