No announcement yet.

Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forest seem to have woken up a bit on the signings front now. McClaren is bringing in a good number of experienced players he's worked with before, which could be what the team really needs. I can see Greening doing a good job, not so sure about Boateng though.

Comment

Went to the Boro V PSV friendly last night with the missus. We booked long before Juninho was announced and got some ace tickets right next to the dug out. I got my programme signed too.

First half ended 2-0 to Boro with PSV in 1st gear but they must of got their arses kicked at half time as they came out flying in the 2nd half to win 3-2. Juninho got an amazing reception, when he was warming the crowd went crazy totally ignoring the match going on. Was great at the end when he did a full lap of honour at walking pace and saluted every section of the crowd. Very much a bitter sweet night really, not that long ago since Boro were taking on genuine european opposition.

As for Boro they still look far too lightweight for championship football, easily knocked off the ball, no real height or bustle upfront. Could be another long season.

Oh and a class bit when Mowbray was proper ranting at a crap pass, the bloke behind shouted Aye! That was a fukking ****e pass wasn't it!

Last edited by vanpeebles; 30-07-2011, 20:51.

Comment

Brilliant post Van Juninho is a class act and always seemed a nice guy.

Comment

Here's a fun quiz: who just beat Sheffield Wednesday 14-0?

a) Spain's World Cup winning team
          b) Barcelona
          c) Alfreton Town

[HIDE]Sorry YM [/HIDE]

Comment

A Wednesday 11. Kids. We drew wi Stoke yesterday! Yes, I am clutching at straws.

Comment

I shouldn't joke, really, Posh's pre-season isn't exactly going well. They keep winning games against weak sides but in very much the same manner that they won games last season. "If you score seven, we'll score eight!"

That's not going to fly in the Championship.

Comment

Re: Sheffield Weds: Can't have done their confidence any good. Still, you might be able to loan a couple to Sheffield United.

Comment

United only lost 2-1 to Alfreton!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                    Here's a poll on the local paper's website.

I hope they stay up.

It?s mad for a city as big as Peterborough not to have a team in the top tier of English football - never mind the championship.

Comment

We certainly don't have the stadium for it. There's not even car parking this season

Season starts for 'em later. I'm terrified.

Comment

Off to the pub with a Saints fan later to watch them play Leeds. Finding it a little weird that all the pundits seem to have Leicester as favourites this season...

Comment

It is because they have spent something like 10 million quid this summer.

Comment

They all had Boro as faves last season for a similar reason... that went well.

Comment

0-1 down and the player we bought to replace MacKail-Smith's goal's has gone off with an injured hamstring after half an hour. Oh FFS.

Comment

You have pulled it round big time.The mighty Wednesday are winning as well

Comment

Working...
                                X