No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arms by his side moving towards his back? You can't give that. That said, you couldn't give the foul that denied us a goal either...

Meh, I'd be amazed if we get anything out of this now. That double save at 40 minutes has "not going to be our night" written all over it. Looks set to be a crappy end to a real crappy day for me.

Comment

Just seen the replays and think the goal should have stood and it was a pen, he was leaning into the ball.

Comment

he leant towards the ball with his arm, if youre saying he tried to move his arm out of the way then due to the direction he moved he would have been trying to avoid the ball all together and why would he do that?

If he wanted to block the shot with his chest he would have moved in the other direction.

It should have been a penalty, but yeah chelsea should have had an early goal too.

Comment

Meh, most refs say that the arms have to be in an un-natural position and the arms have to be moving towards the ball. I would quote but it's David Elleray who doesn't deserve a direct quote.

Comment

God Luiz is looking like an amazing signing.

Of course now I've said that, he's going to get sent off.

Comment

Worth every penny for that kick he just gave Rooney, he looks better going forward then defensively but is new to the league so may settle. Has the look of a midfielder who fell back into defence but i may be wrong.

Comment

Lollersome dive by Rooney there.

*edit*

LAMPARRRRD

Comment

Pen!...

Comment

Get In.

Comment

damn Vidic was lucky there.

Comment

First time I've watched Chelsea properly for a while. Ramires looked brilliant tonight, he was simply everywhere and never stopped running.

I saw him earlier in the season and he was very poor but tonight he was superb.

I dont understand why Chelsea were so massively written off? Its gonna be hard but with a game in hand over united that'd make it 9 points difference if they win it. 9 points is definitely not a safe margin if you have a few hiccups, which anybody is capable of. Especially seeing as Champions League matches can take their toll.

No Vidic for Sunday at Anfield, brilliant
                        Last edited by Adrock; 01-03-2011, 20:37.

Comment

\o/ \o/ \o/

Awesome. Great game, really improved a rubbish day. Much much improved from Chelsea. Thought Luiz could've got a red but Rooney dived.

We're playing fast flowing, attractive football. Just need to be careful with how we're a bit sloppy in possession in mid field.

Ramieres has come on so much from his woeful start to the season. Hopefully he'll get a bit more strength and become a really impressive player.

Comment

Nah, that was definitely a second yellow for Luiz. He seemed to move towards Rooney to take him out. It happens throughout the game anyhow but it was definitely a cynical move from Luiz.

Comment

He moved towards him but in the replay he was going down before contact was made. Something Rooney's done a few times.

Comment

Extreme sour grapes from Ferguson. We didn't deserve to win?

More shots on target, more shots off target, more possession, 8 more corners plus we had two amazing chances that we were unlucky not to score (the double save, the ball through vidic's legs)

Comment

Working...
                                X