Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
    He moved towards him but in the replay he was going down before contact was made. Something Rooney's done a few times.
    Bollocks smurfy and you know it,that wasnt the only mister meaner Luiz got away with tonight although nobody on here would expect anything less from you.

Comment

It was great to see Chelsea really up for the battle - and showing all the skill, guts and determination to win. It really brought back the vibe from a while back.. when Chelsea always had lots of confidence .

Man.utd looked good for a while in the first half, but Chelsea soon upped their efforts after conceding a goal. Despite the strikers not being on top form... the attacking spirit from the whole squad, meant they were likely to have a lot of scoring chances.

I doubt Chelsea can win the league, but at least there's a glimmer of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by glazza View Post
        Bollocks smurfy and you know it,that wasnt the only mister meaner Luiz got away with tonight although nobody on here would expect anything less from you.
        Mister Meaner was always my favourite.

Comment

Luiz seems to be a great player in many respects but he also seems completely gung ho in every possible way, be it when hes on the ball, or when hes trying to get possesion of it.

Hes probabaly as much of a liability as he is a top talent at the moment but Im sure he will learn to calm down as he gets a bit older.

Comment

He's only played a couple of games, he'll soon adapt. He's certainly had a better start than Ramieres did.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              He's only played a couple of games, he'll soon adapt. He's certainly had a better start than Ramieres did.
              Ramieres was just crap when he joined Chelsea, hes become better as hes gotten use to the english game I suppose.

The thing about David Luiz though, he already looks like hes gonna fit right in, he has been very impressive. However he has also been increadbly lucky, his hot headedness over the last two games could have easily cost chelsea points.

Comment

We're winning but it's absolutely terrible from Drogba and Zhirkov, giving the ball away dangerously every time they get the ball and Drogba's slow and lazy off of it.

Comment

Did the job.

We were much better when Drogba came off although we switched off a bit at 3-0

Comment

A better performance than a 0-0 would suggest, we're not quite scoring as freely as we should be despite creative good chances.

Zhirkov and Bosingwa are liabilities at the moment though.

Comment

Dominating possession and getting into good positions but there's no end product.

I'd take a draw but I've a worry City will get a goal against the run of play, happened a lot to us this season.

*edit*

Well deserved win.

So glad Ramieres has proved me wrong.

Luiz has been an absolutely stunning signing, dances around players with ease and confidence and not afraid to be physical.
                      Last edited by abigsmurf; 20-03-2011, 16:57.

Comment

Maybe Torres & Luiz should swap positions?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

Missed out on tickets for the Man U Champions League game because my dad got the sale date wrong. Bleh.

Comment

Can't moan about that 1-1 really, should've really had a penalty but Essien could've seen red.

We're not scoring enough, Torres looks set to be a waste of money unless he improves a fair bit.

We're out of the championship but as soon as Rooney got that penalty earlier it pretty much confirmed this season as being Man U's. They're getting the breaks that other underperforming teams aren't.
                              Last edited by abigsmurf; 02-04-2011, 16:02.

Comment

I would hardly call being 2-0 down to a pen that wasn't a break.

Comment

Working...
                                X