No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti would not have a "problem" if the club sacked him at the end of the season.

Jesus Christ, show some emotion, some passion.

When you're struggling to get performances out of your players and your job's on the line the reaction fans want least is *shrugs*.

Is it any wonder we're so devoid of creativity attacking?

Comment

This is not a good moment.

Comment

He's probably chowed off with the club and it's not like he will have a mortgage or bills to worry about. I'd be thinking meh if I'd been mucked about too.

Comment

Alan Green on Radio 5 seems convinced that Carlo has already been offered the Roma job.

Comment

I found it somewhat amusing the top "other sports sites" link is The Vietnamese Investment Review.

I know that's my first port of call for sports news!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13092511.stm

Jesus Christ, show some emotion, some passion.

When you're struggling to get performances out of your players and your job's on the line the reaction fans want least is *shrugs*.

Is it any wonder we're so devoid of creativity attacking?
              I dont think the lack of creativity is due to Ancelotti's exasperation but more to do with the way Chelsea is run. Especially the squad he has at his disposal, nobody stands out apart from Malouda when it comes to creativity at Chelsea. They tried Benayoun but were unlucky with his injury. But that still isn't enough for a club with designs for European and domestic honours

Also, wasn't Torres pretty much forced upon him? That would also explain the reason for his attitude recently.
              Last edited by Adrock; 15-04-2011, 21:16.

Comment

"Fernando Torres looks so out of touch he might as well be sporting flares and a mullet, the Chelsea substitute this time slicing horribly after being set up on the edge of the area by Florent Malouda."

From BBC lol

Comment

Hmm... We could actually sneak 2nd place at this rate. Arsenal and Chelsea have a fairly similar line up of games but I think Arsenal's line up is marginally tougher (especially given Chelsea's home record against Spurs).

Spurs have an incredibly tough line up of games, think Man City still have to be favourites for Champions League next year.

Comment

The Spurs result has pretty much ensured us a place in Europe now.

Dropping points today would largely end our season, only playing for automatic Champions League qualification.

Comment

I think Torres has scored.

Comment

\o/ \o/ \o/

Result flatters us a bit, both teams were messed up a bit by the conditions and West Ham should've equalised before we put it beyond them (although we did have some great chances too). Absolutely brilliant that Torres has a goal.
                        Last edited by abigsmurf; 23-04-2011, 18:27.

Comment

I think Chelsea will win the league on goal difference. Well.. in my dreams, but I'm a dreamer.

West Ham had their moments, but they're not decisive enough. Chelsea played well, but the conditions meant it wasn't going to be a pretty game of football. I was very happy to see Torres score, at last!

Comment

We've a much better chance than the pundits give us credit for. We are unfortunately reliant on Arsenal doing us a favour though.

After the awful season we've had, I'm happy we are where we are right now. 3rd place is almost nailed on and 2nd place is likely. Anything above that is a huge bonus.

Comment

In Arsenal's current state I'm afraid there isnt much of a chance of them doing anything to stop United.

It says everything about this season that Chelsea can go on a prolonged run of terrible form and still be in with a chance of winning the league. In their current form, though, I can see a decent Chelsea push for sure. I'd back them to beat United but after that I'm not sure where the other 3/4 dropped points will come from.

Comment

Constantly attacking, not quite being convincing up front but still hitting the crossbar and forcing good saves. They get one attack, they score a wonder goal.

Frustrating way to lose a match and it's happened countless times this season.

We've still another half to get two goals back but it's a big ask with our goal scoring form. If we don't get 3 points, the season is over for us.

*edit*

Ok, even I have to admit that's a bit of good fortune. In the linesman's defence, at most it was a couple of cm from being fully over and the ball was resting past the line, very difficult to see without goal line tech.
                                Last edited by abigsmurf; 30-04-2011, 17:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X