Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
    I love Malouda, that linesman, and want to have both their babies. 4-1 to Chelsea, ?10 @ 80/1
    Lend us a tenner, mate?

Comment

Sorry mate, no can do, need all the money I can get for the child support payments to the linesman Luckily Malouda can afford his own or I'd have been in the ****.

Comment

Entertaining game, will be a real shame to see hiddink go.

Anelka will at least share the golden boot (no way Ronaldo will play in Man U's final game), hope lampard can get twenty, they'll probably go all out to give anelka and/or Lampard a goal in the final game.

Comment

Carlo Ancelotti is on his way.

Comment

Dunno if he's the right man for the job, after all he has only won 1 title in about 8 seasons at Milan and 2 at Juventus. Excellent Champions League record though so maybe Roman is more interested in making sure Chelsea win that.

Comment

Say, there is something I quite like about Chelsea this season.

Florent Malouda.

He is a great player, a good interviewer and comes across as a very likeable person.

You know, even when Chelsea were dominating the Premier League with Jose, I didn't mind them at all.

Roman's money may have shifted the player spendings in a drastic manner - not only at Chelsea but across and amongst other teams - and Chelsea's constant 1-0 (scrappy) wins were annoying but at least they just got on with it, if that makes sense.

I am looking forward to see what kind of team will emerge from Chelsea next season.

Oh, I still don't like Drogba though.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                Say, there is something I quite like about Chelsea this season.

Florent Malouda.

He is a great player, a good interviewer and comes across as a very likeable person.

You know, even when Chelsea were dominating the Premier League with Jose, I didn't mind them at all.

Roman's money may have shifted the player spendings in a drastic manner - not only at Chelsea but across and amongst other teams - and Chelsea's constant 1-0 (scrappy) wins were annoying but at least they just got on with it, if that makes sense.

I am looking forward to see what kind of team will emerge from Chelsea next season.

Oh, I still don't like Drogba though.
                They just got on with it when Jose was the manager?! He moaned/groaned about everything and anything when was interviewed after most games. Even when they were winning he moaned, it got a bit tiresome after a while. Top manager though.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  They just got on with it when Jose was the manager?! He moaned/groaned about everything and anything when was interviewed after most games. Even when they were winning he moaned, it got a bit tiresome after a while. Top manager though.
                  I meant in regards to the criticism Chelsea received from the press and other teams (and fans alike) when they were winning all the time and, of course, Jose's comments whether they were playful or stern mannered.

In other words, they just got on with it whenever a wave of noise surrounded them.

Comment

Yeah he was good at deflecting the attention away from the team.

Comment

One of the annoying things about the press and Jose was the fact that they constantly put out negative article after negative article about him then, when he was gone, said what a great guy he was and what a shame it was he was going. The constant negative press was likely one of the driving forces behind him being sacked.

But then, we've been a very strong team for five seasons now (4 and a half if you discount the scolari 'era') and were a strong cup team before then but we're still being treated as johnny-come-latelies by the press who don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Man U and Liverpool.

Comment

Because both United and Liverpool have had periods of 15-20 years of sustained success?
                        Chelsea are still a long way off from that kind of greatness.

Comment

And yet it's been almost 20 years since Liverpool got a league title. Should we list Nottingham Forest among the football elite too? Even if Chelsea lose the FA Cup final, we will have had a more successful season than Liverpool in terms of placings in competitions but the press is all about Liverpool vs Man U.

As I've said before, there are too many pundits around who grew up when Liverpool were at their strongest and feel they 'deserve' the success (much like Newcastle 'deserve' to be in the premier league). How many years have we been hearing "next season will be Liverpool's time"?

I know I always come across as bitter for this kind of thing but when you hear such crap from the press as "it's good that Chelsea were knocked out, now we can enjoy a dream final between Man U and Barcelona" after the hardest time I've ever experienced as a Chelsea fan (including the 94 FA Cup and Champions League final). The difference in treatment we get compare to Liverpool and Man U evokes some real anger.

Comment

Nottingham Forest have won the league once. Liverpool & United have won it 18 times. So no, I don't think we should be adding them to the football elite just yet.

Liverpool and United are the two most successful clubs in the country, by a long distance, have a massive rivalry on and off the pitch and have the biggest fanbase. The possibility of an era where both clubs have great teams at the same time competing for things would be the stuff dreams are made of for the media...hence them hyping it up a bit.

Comment

That's the issue I have.

It shouldn't be about 'the history' it should be about the here and now. Having a current team's achievements overlooked because of what another team used to be like is stupid and incredibly annoying.

When I watch football, I'm not watching a game that happened 20 years ago.

Comment

The way I see it (sorry if this offends anyone) football fans usually only point out past successes when things are not going their teams way in the present.

Comment

Working...
                                X