Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can probably still cut it in the Uzbechistan League

Comment

Not too bad of a fixture list. Home against hull then away to sunderland should ease in any new players.

There's one nasty spell where we play Man U, Man City (away) and arsenal very close together and Liverpool is our second to last game but we've had much worse.

Comment

3 match ban from UEFA for Drogba, 2 match for Bosingwa and a fine for the club. Not as bad as it could've been, should still get past the group stages without them.

No comment from UEFA about the complete and utter farce the refereeing was that game that resulted in an undeserving side going through

Comment

Wow Chelsea could actually get their money from Mutu after all

Comment

2-0 down at 89 minutes and the game finished 2-2. Bit harsh but amusing

Comment

Good of Chelsea to put such a strong team out at Reading yesterday. I didn't go to the game (I don't do friendlies as a rule), but sounds like it was a decent game and we did well (if a bit lucky) to hold on so long. Having said that, from all accounts the draw was the least Chelsea deserved, so probably a fair result.

On a side note it's good to see nothing about the unfortunate events of the game 3 years ago being dragged up again, I'm not sure whether the mood amongst Chelsea fans has faded over time, but I guess Stephen Hunt being injured probably helped not to rouse bad memories.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead.

Comment

I think there's always going to be the feeling that although Hunt never meant to injure (and almost kill) him, he did the classic striker thing of "wanting to make the keeper know he was there". That just how these things go, Vivid memories tend not to fade.

Just like David Ellery is still hated at Chelsea for the 1994 FA Cup final and more recently, that at best UEFA and all the match officials were utterly incompetent in the Barcelona semi-final and at worst the fix was in.

Likewise Liverpool remember us winning against due to the worst penalty given that season.

It's just how football goes.

Comment

I completely agree with your first sentence, I think that's exactly what happened.

I suppose I have memories of that night every time I see Cech with his headgear on so I'm probably being a bit naïve expecting Chelsea fans to have forgotten it.

Comment

Real Madrid put in an £18mill bid for Alex and chelsea turned it down. We need to keep him, especially as we'll probably lose carvalhio

Comment

Ancelotti has said no more players in or out this window. Still fairly confident, we've the best squad in the league, it all rides on the manager, if he can find a system that works and keeps the players buzzed.

Comment

Of course, mate. It's Pokemon palace down there.

Comment

*shrugs*

We've been fairly conservative for the last couple of seasons and it's not like Liverpool or Man U would win off the back of home grown players if they got the title.

Also, guessing Shevchenko will be part of the squad too. Will be weird if he gets games.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            *shrugs*

Comment

Suppose good game for the neutrals. We were attacking a lot and had decent chances but the formation doesn't suit the way we're playing. When we need to get the cross in, there was no one there. Obi keeps giving the ball away and leaving huge amounts of space for Man U.

Perhaps unlucky we haven't scored but Man U deserve to be in front.

Hopefully there'll be some changes.

Comment

There are good things and bad things to be taken from the game.

Ivanovic looked hopeless, wasn't happy playing where he was. If he's our cover for Alex, we're in trouble if he gets injured.

First goal was bad communication between Terry and Cech, both were capable of getting to it. We were very sloppy in general for the first 25 minutes before we got our act together. Our confidence seemed to rise rather than plummet like it did so often under scolari.

Ferguson is continuing to moan about the ref (doesn't bode well for the respect campain if he's like this after a friendly. It was a foul and a yellow in my book (yes you can get a red from that but when was the last time a red was brought out when it wasn't the last man? A red would be very harsh) but Rooney's goal was offside which balances it a bit.

Bad: shaky start, formation didn't click and were out of position.
                                Bad: not good from Mikel Obi and Ivanovich both players left us vulnerable too often.

Good: we were never 'down', Drogba looked very motivated and he showed he still worries defenders (four people on him leading up to the goal and he still played the ball).
                                Good: Someone on the far post in corners, that alone makes Ancelotti more tactically aware than Scolari.
                                Good: Lampard taking the first penalty (best penalty takers should go first), actually winning a penalty shootout.

Comment

Working...
                                X