La Liga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
    Real Madrid are screwed - both on and off the pitch. Barcelona on the other hand are taking the league by storm - their form this season has been nothing short of stunning.

Barcelona meet Real Madrid at the Nou Camp next weekend by the way...
    It would be typical Barca if they lost to Real Madrid next week...

Comment

I knew I'd posted too early last night, I should have bet the house on Madrid letting in that last minute goal after getting it back to 3-3.

I think Madrid won the title last year because they still had the Capello discipline ringing in their ears (plus Barca were awful!) but now Capello has been gone for over a season the workrate and discipline he brought to that club have vanished totally.

Originally posted by Kongster View Post
      Barcelona meet Real Madrid at the Nou Camp next weekend by the way...
      That match should be amazing! On current form Barcelona should beat them about 8-0 You know it probably won't be that simple though. I wonder if Schuster will still be in a job by then? I reckon they may give him the derby as his final match, but he needs to win it and then go on a ten match winning run to avoid the chop I reckon.

The great thing about Barca is that they playing such amazing attacking football and they've combined it with solidity at the back. They've got to have a dip at some point but at the moment it seems like a dip for them would be winning 2-0 instead of 4-0.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy View Post
        That match should be amazing! On current form Barcelona should beat them about 8-0 You know it probably won't be that simple though. I wonder if Schuster will still be in a job by then? I reckon they may give him the derby as his final match, but he needs to win it and then go on a ten match winning run to avoid the chop I reckon.

The great thing about Barca is that they playing such amazing attacking football and they've combined it with solidity at the back. They've got to have a dip at some point but at the moment it seems like a dip for them would be winning 2-0 instead of 4-0.
        Well, they don't call the match "El Clasico" for nothing you know
        After the way Barcelona made easy work of the likes of Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Valencia, I wouldn't rule out the the possibilty of Barcelona giving Real Madrid a, er, real good hiding. Although 8-0 is pushing it a bit lol.

It's only a matter of time before Schuster gets the sack to be honest. He is at odds with board and in particular Mijatovic. And if that ain't enough he is also at odds with Raul. Now this is a major issue cos Raul has an awful lot of player power at Real Madrid - think of the player power Shearer had at Newcastle X10! Obviously, Real Madrid's poor form has also been a factor but to be fair to Schuster he has had an awful lot of injuries to deal with. And Real Madrid have a tendency to sack their managers straight after they've won the Title or the Champions League lol.

After the way Real Madrid relentlessly pursued Ronaldo, I have to say I'm enjoying all this.

Agreed, Guardiola has really turned things round at Barcelona. They will suffer a blip at some point but you can't really see it happening anytime soon. Although if Messi gets injured...

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
        It would be typical Barca if they lost to Real Madrid next week...
        True but I reckon Eto'o will have other ideas - he loves scoring against Real Madrid.

Comment

Real Madrid suffer as they had no Ruud for the season which mean their strike force isn't good enough with only Saviola and Raul to choose.

I think the team wasn't as good now under the german coach as Fabio is much better. They are suffering with lost of Zidane, Ronaldo, Robinho, Figo, and Roberto Carlos and Beckham. Let be honest the new collection of Dutch stars aren't as good as the Los Galaxticos. If I were Real Madrid I would be looking for Martin O'Neill type.

I haven't watched Real Madrid very often this season as I got so many Villa games and NFL

Real Madrid need to stop this player power and get a hard man in charge to sort them out and stop worrying about talking about the press and chasing Ronaldo (Winker version) and start developing their youth policy and bring in more quality Spanish players.

They could try Spurs former Spanish Coach as he done well for Sevilla.

Comment

Didn't take long: Schuster is out and Juande Ramos is in on a six month contract. Unless Talksport were lying

Comment

And Ramos' first game in charge is against Barcelona at the Nou Camp - talk about being thrown in the lion's den!

Comment

Certainly be interesting to see how he gets on.

Comment

He is just a stop gap - at the end of the season, Real Madrid will come knocking on the door for Benitez or Mourinho I reckon.

Comment

His first game is a CL one by the way

Originally posted by BBC
                    The 54-year-old's first game in charge will be Wednesday's Champions League match at home to Zenit St Petersburg.
                    Then Barca on Saturday lol.

Comment

Oops lol.... that game is meaningless anyway as Real Madrid have already qualified for the knock-out phase.

Comment

Football is a mad game. Ramos gets sacked from Spurs for leading them to their worst start in the league ever and two months later he's handed the reigns at arguably the world's biggest club!

I wonder if they'll hang on to him if he does well? He's shown at Sevilla and Spurs that he's a hell of a cup manager, so maybe Real for the Champions League isn't such a daft idea? Might put a few quid on that given his record and the fact that Real, while in a bit of a tizz, aren't short of a decent player or two. I doubt he can do anything about Barca winning the league though.

Comment

A new president will be elected at the of the season - football clubs in Spain are so political.

Comment

Anyone watching the big game tonight?

Comment

I shall be Come on Barca!

Comment

Will be once I get off the train back from WHL, get home, and change into non-soaking clothes Going to miss the first 25 minutes so I hope they're **** and it bursts into life after half an hour!

Comment

Working...
                                X