No announcement yet.

La Liga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messi is looking menacing. Best player on the pitch, possibly even in the world.

Comment

He is the best player in the world, his performances are so consistent.

Comment

He is getting some rough treatment from the Real Madrid players - they seem intent on kicking him off the pitch.

Comment

Drenthe has just missed a great chance to give Real Madrid the lead. He was clean through, one on one with the goalie and he fluffs the chance!

Comment

Yeah they realise where the threat lies. Saying that Madrid had a great chance a few minutes ago. If that was Ruud the Dude he would have flashed that home.

Comment

Yay, haven't missed any goals! Looks like a tasty game from the half time highlights, hopefully the second half will be a good one.

Apparently Ramos made a great joke in the pre match press conference. He was asked if a draw would be a good result and he said "Draw is one word that isn't in my vocabulary. Unlike at Spurs, where there were a lot of words that weren't in my vocabulary."

Comment

And Eto'o has won it!

Comment

Messi for 2-0

Comment

Concentrating on foreign footy tonight to get the final out of my mind. Caught most of the match between A Madrid and Barca, really amazing stuff. Fantastic turn around from Madrid to win it at the end. I thought for sure they'd blown it when Forlan missed that sitter and Barca went 2-3 up seconds later.

Gap at the top down to four points now, it was twelve three matches ago! It would be mind boggling if Ramos went from being sacked by Spurs to winning La Liga with Real Madrid (including overturning a huge Barca lead) in the space of a few months! Pep needs to stop the rot at Barca or they'll end up like the Brazil side of 82.

Comment

People keep banging on about Messi and how good he is (and he is very, very good!) but Aguero is every bit as good in my opinion. And last night wasn't the first time he put Barcelona to the sword lol.

After going so well, Barcelona have seemingly pressed the self destruct button. Real Madrid on the other hand are on form and all thanks to Ramos - the same guy who flopped at Spurs. Amazing.

Comment

Would that be the first time that a manager has been sacked by one team and then gone on to win a league with a different team (providing Real win it of course) ?

Comment

This Madrid derby is something special, the second half especially is almost nothing but end to end chances, amazing stuff. Aguero has missed quite a few massive chances to put Athletico ahead.

Comment

It's El Clasico tonight - Real Madrid vs Barcelona!

The fact that Real Madrid are still in the race for the title is quite astonishing, and if they win tonight they'll only be one point behind Barcelona.

If Barcelona win, they'll extend the lead at the top to seven points which would surely end Real Madrid's title hopes.

I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Looking forward to this, should get back from Spurs just in time to see it from the start.

Madrid have been quietly grinding out the results and it's amazing what just a couple of draws here and there for Barca has done to their lead.

When Ramos took over I put a tenner on Madrid to win the Champions League (that went well) but if they win tonight I'll be wishing I'd put it on them to win the league instead!

Comment

1-0 to Madrid, Higuain! Good stuff so far, could that gap be coming down to a point? Looks like this is going to be an excellent match.

That didn't last long, 1-1, Henry! I hope the goals keep flowing

And keep flowing they do! 1-2 to Barca now! Three goals in about ten minutes!
                                Last edited by EJG1980; 02-05-2009, 18:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X